• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prompton Disc Golf

Jrogan92

Does anyone have information on Prompton Dam disc golf course in Honesdale, PA. It's scheduled to open this fall but I haven't heard anything in almost a year. I would really like to play this course again because it's very close to where I live. Thanks!

I got this response on May 25th:

Mr. bcr123psu <name changed to protect the not-so-innocent>,

I contacted the Army Corps of Engineers regarding your inquiry on availability of disc golf at Prompton for this summer. While an estimated completion date was not available, they did report that they do not foresee the disc golf course being re-opened during the 2011 summer season.

I have not been to Prompton lately to witness the progress of the project, however I know it is of large scale and was progressing along the last time I was there. I am sorry that I could not pass along more encouraging news. I trust that you understand that the closure of the course and the surrounding day use area was done for safety precautions, keeping the best interest of park and Army Corps land visitors in mind.

As I receive updates and certainly when the area is re-opened, I will be sure to post in on the Prompton State Park public webpage, which you can find at: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/prompton.aspx.

If you have any further questions or if I can be of assistance in any other way please feel free to let me know.

Dustin E. Drew | Park Manager
Lackawanna State Park Complex
RR 1 Box 230 Dalton PA 18414
Phone: 570-945-3239 | Fax: 570-945-7097
www.visitPAparks.com | www.iConservePA.org

Dustin has been very prompt and cordial. Feel free to reach out to him and let us know if you find anything out!

I really enjoyed that course... haven't played it in years.

My brother-in-law lives 10 minutes away from Prompton. I'm sorry to say (because he's a cool guy) that I haven't really visited him that much because I'm waiting for Prompton to open up before head back up there. Does that make me a bad person? That makes me a bad person, doesn't it? It does, right? :\

It's a shame that it has been closed for this long. I was hoping for better news but thanks alot bcr123psu.

Update 5/3/2012

I just called there and was told that it was still closed. There is still no info on when it will reopen. :wall:

Some news from a local (c/o FB):

Fyi... Prompton Dam is partially open now.. They suggest playing 1-3 and 13-18 for a 9 hole loop, but you can easily walk to the top of the dam and walk across the new bridge to get to the top holes along the road.. Of course the rough is bad in places since the course had not been used in two years.. Course is still not in great shape but great that the end is near.

Cool, I'll have to make a trip back there when it's done.

Straight out of Prompton!!!

nwa.jpg

Latest posts