• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pueblo City Park Vandalized

There is still a basket missing at a course near me. They have a 50gallon plastic drum with sharpie on the top 1/3rd for the "basket" - but we play if it hits any part of the basket.

*edit

Solution - 500 pounds of concrete, and shotgun.

fixed

They probably got frustrated because their 75 foot sidearm didn't net them an ace on every hole at this course. I love Pueblo City park, but due to the fact that there are no other good options in the area I am not surprised it has become the hang out for some people playing who have little respect for the game and the hard work that so many people do to make this course nice. Its a shame that this happened to such a great course. Its a good thing that they have multiple pin placements here.

You need to start playing with a group of off duty cops, like us, LOL. We would have made a quick call to our on duty buddies and had them picked up with no muss or fuss. Just like we do when we see people smoking weed on a course. Quick phone call and a pick up.

You need to start playing with a group of off duty cops, like us, LOL. We would have made a quick call to our on duty buddies and had them picked up with no muss or fuss. Just like we do when we see people smoking weed on a course. Quick phone call and a pick up.

ya because that solves so much. Ever wonder why your taxes keep going up? :wall:

PROPS for this guy ^^^^^^^^^^^,wish we had more like you to clean up the sport. Big Thanx:clap:

Who saw the "vandals" pull the basket out of the ground? Just from looking at the pics, it kinda looks like the thing was about ready to come out anyway (no fresh looking mud/dirt). It could be they threw, saw the basket leaning then fall over, picked up their discs, and were waiting to report it when they finished playing their round. I'm not saying that's what happened, just a possibility. If you didn't actually see them commit the act, you don't really know. If you find out they actually did the crime, GET 'EM!

^ One of the guys in the previous groups mentioned in the story said it was in place when they went through just before the group that jacked it up. I play routinely with him and I am inclined to believe him. He is new to disc golf and so excited everytime he gets to play I can't imagine him doing it.

Poor Pueblo City Park! Man I love that course! I am pretty sure that that basket was the one that always had the most graffiti on it as well. A connection? Who knows. Another example of a few ignorant people messing it up for the rest of us. If you got some license plate numbers, I think that would do some good, however police are streched thin and may not bother with such matters. Heres hoping that they get caught though.

you are worried about people smoking weed on the course? i am more concerned about liquor bottles and bud light cans being strewn about all over the place. drunks throw like garbage too. i personally doubt that the stoner types are the ones destroying property and pulling baskets out of the ground. not condoning drug use, and no i am not a pothead, but seriously. demonize booze for a change. sucks about the damage, and yeah you did the right thing sending in their plate numbers. at whitehall dgc in michigan people jumped on a bunch of the baskets and broke them off until they slid down the pole and were resting in the dirt. cowards. ruining good clean fun. i advocate street justice, but don't tell anyone.

Pig.

What did you expect? You are bragging about busting people, while off duty, for a very minor offense, which to most people is less of an evil than jaywalking and littering

Bragging? No. Read my post. We were talking about ways to stop fools from vandalizing parks and I mentioned what we do when we find issue at our local parks. Whether its vandals or weed smokers in public parks, I make that call every time. No confrontations, no fights, no muss. Simple. When I'm of duty no reason to confront, call my active buddies and the issue is resolved quickly. No threadjacking. I was answering how we would have handled the guys running off.

What did you expect? You are bragging about busting people, while off duty, for a very minor offense, which to most people is less of an evil than jaywalking and littering

You must be a stoner yourself to make a comment like that. It's called enforcing the law, in this case most likely a city ordnance.

You must be a stoner yourself to make a comment like that. It's called enforcing the law, in this case most likely a city ordnance.

Just a firm belief in live and let live.

"If you ain't causin no harm, then you're alright with me"

Cue flamewar

That's really annoying. That course is definitely in the top 3 courses I've played. Hopefuilly those retards had some kind of punishment, at the very least being banned form that park for life. Absolutely no reason to do that other than just wanting to be a douche bag

Just a firm belief in live and let live.

"If you ain't causin no harm, then you're alright with me"

Cue flamewar

No flamewar here, man.

I applaud your credo, and that's fine by me, too. :D I'm just trying to say that as a parent leading my DG playin kid around a city park, it's nice to have those kinds of restrictions enforced.

Sometimes the "harm" you speak of is transparent to the offender.

No flamewar here, man.

I applaud your credo, and that's fine by me, too. :D I'm just trying to say that as a parent leading my DG playin kid around a city park, it's nice to have those kinds of restrictions enforced.

Sometimes the "harm" you speak of is transparent to the offender.

Couldn't have said it better. Transparent, because it doesn't harm THEM. Anyone destroying a DG course (Backets, Tee boxes) or breaking the Law (not in private but in a public park) deserves any consequences that follow.

Latest posts