• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putt hanging on rim of basket

swiltse

So this has happened to me once before, but this time I got it on video while practicing in the backyard. Put hits chains and proceeds to bounce out of basket, only to get caught on the rim of the basket but hanging outside of basket.

I think this used to be legal and count as in, but I'm pretty sure they changed that rule and this would now not be considered in under PDGA rules.

Anyone care to weigh in on if this is considered "in" the basket?

sq5kck.jpg

802.05(A)
Basket Targets: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains and/or the inner cylinder (bottom and inside wall) of the tray. It may be additionally supported by the pole...

Then you clearly don't know the rules!:doh:

Oh, I'm aware of the official rule on this situation. If I was playing in some sort of sanctioned event, it would not count.

But I'm not playing in officially sanctioned events, I'm actually having fun.:D

New to tournament stuff but say you have one of those weird hanging putts, can the person behind you refuse to putt? Mainly talking about the yellow disc.

It'd be common courtesy to go clear any kind of wedged/hanging disc before another players has to putt.

It doesn't count. Sucks if it happens.

I've seen it where the disc lands on top of the basket where the chains hang from. The disc heizered so hard at the basket, it got lodged in the metal. How about that one? does that count? I jokingly let my friends who don't play as often count that as a -1 to the score of the hole. Obviously they can't be right at the basket and toss it up there; it has to be at least a long putt.

It doesn't count. Sucks if it happens.

I've seen it where the disc lands on top of the basket where the chains hang from. The disc heizered so hard at the basket, it got lodged in the metal. How about that one? does that count? I jokingly let my friends who don't play as often count that as a -1 to the score of the hole. Obviously they can't be right at the basket and toss it up there; it has to be at least a long putt.

Heizered.

I like this spelling.

Sounds like a beer.