• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putt Putt

NOStheBOSS

Double Eagle Member
Ok, so I recently just came up with this idea. I am aware that there are "mini disc golf courses" out there, where there are 18 mini baskets where the players play with mini discs. However, I was thinking about how mini golf is played and I think it would be cool to start a "putt putt disc golf" course. Just like putt putt golf, each hole is a par 2 or 3 with fun obstacles in the way. I could charge like 5 bucks for a round and have tons of aviars, rhynos, etc. at the front for people to play with. Obviously this would not be incredibly popular, but I think in big DG towns (Bowling Green, my home town for instance) there might be a niche for it. What do you guys think? Lame or Legitimate?

I think if you could pull off an indoor one in an old beat down ghetto former grocery store then it would have its niche.

I'd play. It'd be a pretty fun night-time activity and would actually be good putting practice. I'm imagining all types of fun holes in my mind like complex bank shots and, ummm...ok...well that's as far as I got, but I'm sure there's lots of great ideas out there!

...low ceiling where you have to skip it, etc.

With the slow speed of putters you'd need a ramp in front of the basket, but that would definitely be a cool hole with the ceiling near the pin around basket-high.

This would totally rock!! Have a clowns mouth rejecting all the discs (happy gillmore) and have roller only holes where there is a little ramp infront of the basket..... man that would be bad ass. Gotta annie thorugh the kitchen door, flex out over the cooker and hyzer into the basket next to the bin of doom.....

putt putt? Do it do it!!

oh and Beers Beers too!

In an empty store with the aisles still in, the possibilities are endless! One could make it an ace race type of course...

If there was one next to a disc golf course, it'd be awesome! Especially if you had arcade machines and the like in it as well....

The Tiki course at the Grange in Virginia is fabulous. It is a par 2 putt and approach course. All the baskets are measured in inches instead of feet. The baskets have lights on them so you can play at night (which is a favorite pastime around there especially since number 10 goes right over/by the bar [ they serve beer there]). A lot of us use it as a way to cool down after playing the other 2 topnotch courses there.

Having it lit and open late nights, would probably be your only chance for survival at $5 per round. Making it indoor if possible would be the best thing you could do though, it would give all the people who don't like the cold weather a place to go in the winter (rain too).

Last edited:
No one has figured out a way to make playing disc golf a capitalist enterprise....would be fun if you had your own course on huge tract of land and was another fun thing to do a la the tiki course at the grange but doubt that it would be worth your while.

Optidiscic- I hear you man, but I guess we are hoping for that dreaming dirt-bag disc golfer to hit the Mega-Millions at like $240,000,000.00

THEN we'd be talking!!! :)

I've also had the putt-putt obstacle course idea floating around my head for the past few months too.

If there was an indoor course that had cool themed holes that required trick shots, I'd totally love to play. It would be cool to have jungle, space, pirate, zombie, etc. themed holes. I'd pay $3 or so if there was enough polish to the course.