• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter pockets on carts

Rec_to_Death

Show me your ideas for putter pockets other than the Zuca, Ridge Roller, and Prodigy putter pouches. I'm thinking about modifying a Kestrel or Nutsac to fit in the pole of my cart.

For my DIY cart, I cut a wire kitchen basket in half and attached it with zip ties. Looking for something a little better looking for a Zuca cart.

Attachments

• 44AE2F9A-BA20-4EBB-B3C9-543CA141520F.jpg
    44AE2F9A-BA20-4EBB-B3C9-543CA141520F.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 89BA184A-1BC7-4738-8C79-2983173C9C21.jpg
    89BA184A-1BC7-4738-8C79-2983173C9C21.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 51
What features of a putter pocket do people want. I would have thought that kitchen basket is a little harsh on the discs and you'd want to line it with something softer at the least.

Are putters all pretty much the same diameter?

3-4 putters

I'm just looking for something that is easy on and off and holds about 3 or 4 putters comfortably. Extra pockets for phone, keys, scorecard, etc. are a plus.

My wire basket doesn't beat up on my putters to any noticeable degree. Shanks off the cage are way more of a problem for me.

I saw a bag a while back that you wear on your hip and doesn't need to be taken off to throw. The logo looked like Jonny Chimpo from Super Troopers, but I can't find it now. I think it would be great as a putter pouch.

As far as diameter, I would think they are all within a centimeter or two.

Last edited:
Towch maybe?

picture.php

Are putters all pretty much the same diameter?

Nope, Some like the Aero oop but sometimes sold on Innova Factory store as an oop model when a few 20-30 are found somewhere in factory or Caltrop still made in Zero Hard and a few other plastic are 180 gram diameter and same for a few dog discs with a Sonic like design that are PDGA approved like the Bite or the Hero discs 241/Super Hero made for Hero Discs by Innova. The Super Hero is 180 gram diameter or might even a tad larger like 190 gram but the mold is not ever made in weights that high only stuck at the weight it works for as a dog disc.

So yeah most are Small diameter but not all some are a tad larger 180 gram diameter. Then other discs that are in the Innova Sonic putter style are a tad bigger but the majority are 175 gram diameter and 180 gram diameter.

Show me your ideas for putter pockets other than the Zuca, Ridge Roller, and Prodigy putter pouches. I'm thinking about modifying a Kestrel or Nutsac to fit in the pole of my cart.

For my DIY cart, I cut a wire kitchen basket in half and attached it with zip ties. Looking for something a little better looking for a Zuca cart.

I think best bet is to get the Discraft weekender small bag for the backpack and modify this bag to work. Only $13 on Amazon

I mounted an old starter bag to my cart using corrugated plastic to give it some strength and broom clamps to attach it to the pole.