• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter rim width

shankopotomus

Bogey Member
i play with an aviar and really like the way it flies however i have big hands and it is hard to get a grip on the thin rim. a few weeks ago i found an r-pro hydra, it flies a lot like the aviar (a little more fade, a little more stable). what i really like about it is the rim is much much wider and sits in my hand more comfortably. the hydra does not have the flight characteristics that i would prefer and i was wondering if there are any good putters out there that have a more of a beefy rim.

thanks.

You should try the Rhyno it's a good putter, a bit more stable than an Aviar, but more forgiving if you miss. It flops down and doesn't roll as much compared to most putters.

If his hands are that big, the extra bead isn't going make a big enough of a difference to solve the issue.

thanks guys. a birdie is even thinner than the aviar. maybe i'm wording it wrong. rim depth is not the issue its the width (measurement from outer rim towards the center of the disc). that magic sounds about right i'll look into it.

thanks again

that magic is another catch style putter which i the opposite of what i'm looking for. that pig looks to be about right though.

Latest posts