• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

putting hand position

how do you putt? hand placement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rhyno is my putter but I ain't your dog. Pointer on the rim under 20'ish, first pointer crease under the rim anything over 20'ish. But I have been gravitating toward the latter recently.

Show me where its documented, I think it works. looks like a big majority does it this way from the poll.

The poll's wording is confusing to me, I'm sure it is to others

This is the cam todd putting clinic, and near the start of the video Feldberg says where your index finger should go

i normally put my index on the outside of the rim.....after this poll and the vid Triflusal posted, i'm gonna try using the bead, hopefully with more consistent results than my current putting grip

The poll's wording is confusing to me, I'm sure it is to others

This is the cam todd putting clinic, and near the start of the video Feldberg says where your index finger should go
Yeah, but what does the worlds best butter and feldy know? If we get enough people (reguardless of credentials) to say they do it the wrong way, then it must be right. Right?
;)

Yeah, but what does the worlds best butter and feldy know? If we get enough people (reguardless of credentials) to say they do it the wrong way, then it must be right. Right?
;)

I agree, I'd rather listen to some Joe shmoe rec player on a message board

Since when does feldberg have the best butter?

Lol...that's putter! But I was actually refering to cam.
Watching CT putt really instills what push putting is all about.

clarity

Finger on rim
IMAG0048.jpg

finger on bead
IMAG0049.jpg

finger under bead
IMAG0054.jpg

Power grip
IMAG0061.jpg

Forehand
IMAG0056.jpg

I showed you finger on rim??? I've always been a bead fondler, till I switched to a magic that is...

I wish I was I was more with the crease on the bead. I feel like the release is way cleaner that way, but I lose a ton of accuracy. For now it's pointer finger on the bead.

I just tried the finger under bead technique today. It was quite a breakthrough for me. I saw much more consistancy, and less wobbly putts. I've always putted with the index finger on the bead, and the difference was tremendous.

So far, it feels very awkward to have the finger under the bead but the results I got were great. It's hard to "unlearn" something, but this looks promising.

Well if Feldberg said it, it must be true!!!

Bah, Feldberg and the gang learned their skills from me. I've always putted with my index under the rim with the bead tucked into my first joint with my other three either fanned out, slightly tucked or I go with a mid-range grip for those hard to reach places.

I switched to under bead, aka bead in the crease, two weeks before USDGC and have never looked back. So much more control and the finger isn't getting in the way, rather it's helping keep the nose up.