• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting Practice Dilemna

basmith42

Bogey Member
Ok.. so.. I travel for work (about three weeks/month). I am trying to figure out how to practice putting at the hotel.
I do not want to do it in th eroom where I could break something or make a lot of noise.
So, I was thikning of a light post in the parking lot. However, that would be loud too (clang each time I hit it) and hard ont he discs.
Anyone have any ideas?

You could buy a cheap tripod that telscopes out. HecK you could even make something to hang or fasten to it, if you wanted to. This would give you a quiet and portable target that should fit in your suitcase.

Do you travel by car or plane? If it's by car you can always get a collapsable basket (I like the Innova Skillshot) and then find a nearby park and practice there. There might be others that aren't as loud, too.

Two possible solutions.
1. If you want to go ahead and putt towards the light posts, use a softer disc like a Magnet. Shouldn't make much noise at all when it hits, plus it is a great putter.

2. Play a little object golf in the side lot or adjacent lot. From my experience most all hotels have a fire hydrant in front or around them somewhere and these make great objects to aim for as well.

Go with the post idea. The trick is: foam pipe insulation. Just wrap some of that around it and voila! little to no noise, and you have a good target.

Go with the post idea. The trick is: foam pipe insulation. Just wrap some of that around it and voila! little to no noise, and you have a good target.

Hey that is a great idea. You could even cut up one of those noodle foam pool toys that already have the slit in it.