• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

putting practice with multiple putter...?

When aren't you practicing aiming? That's a pretty crucial part of putting and different putters require you aim at different spots, which is why I use only one mold to putt and one mold to practice....and I still suck...so don't listen to me.
It isn't really worth practicing aiming until you've got the technique part figured out. How can you aim if you don't even know how you're going to throw it yet?

People generally don't think of putting as mechanics and aiming, but it's just another type of throw. You won't have any consistancy until your mechanics are consistant. Once you have that it's all about aiming...which isn't trivial, either.

Depends on the mold I think. If there are no drastic differences in terms of feel and stability I think you're fine but the Banger GT is so drastically different from everything else that I'd drop it. I had a couple Bangers mixed in with my Magics, Warlocks, Reefs, and Voodoos and they were too different. I'm trying to get Magics and Voodoos only now to practice with because you really do want to keep the variables as few as possible although switching it up every now and then helps you focus too.

Speaking of focus, snag a couple focuses and see how they compare with your Wizards.

I have 3 Bangers and 3 Wizards and they are very similar to me. Only diifference (asside from the physical part) is the Wizard seems to have just a tad more glide.

I have 3 Bangers and 3 Wizards and they are very similar to me. Only diifference (asside from the physical part) is the Wizard seems to have just a tad more glide.

I just picked up my first two Wizards today after splashing a Focus in the lake in a safari tourney. I've been throwing them in the basement and I love them! They are soft Wizards and the grip feels right, the weight feels wonderful, they are sticky on the chains and glide well. :clap:

I use a variety of similar molds- Aviar (DX, Classic, Pro, Star, KC, JK) and Omegas. Depending on the month some discs feel better in my hand and get a cleaner release. I don't pay any attention to what I am throwing when I putt all 25 putters I have in a row. After I throw them all several times I see which model had the best percentage. Winner goes in bag until I start missing putts on the course, then I repeat the process to find a new one.

I would love to have a couple dozen of the same model, but most of my practice putters I just buy used and cheap when the opportunity arises.

Same mold and within 2 grams of the same weight for me. I just can't imagine doing it any other way.

I just got back from my buddy's house. He had about 20 different discs all over his yard. Some were putters. Some were drivers. Some were promotional Pepsi Cola discs.

I was hitting everything. Learn how to adjust, kiddos. Preparing yourself with perfect conditions will not prepare you for reality.

Good tip, Im going to set up a high power fan in my basement and have my brother dump buckets of water on me when I toss;)

Good tip, Im going to set up a high power fan in my basement and have my brother dump buckets of water on me when I toss;)

LOL that sounds like fun, but dont know if I am down with that in Michigan or Ohio right now. Maybe in July.

i have something like 18 putters and practice with all of them. i think 12 of them are either r pro or sss. the others are stiff. i like the stiff ones for longer putts. i would say practice whatever helps you. i fond that if im not looking at the putter i do better (this is true during rounds too)

I do the same. Basically, within 50 ft or so (that should be putting practice max length anyway) the putter doesn't really matter. outside of that, then i'd start to use whatever putter you use for lengthier putts.

When I practice all my putters are the same weight and mold. I have ten 175g Aviars.

I know this sounds weird but I play with a different putter. (178 Lightning. I don't know the model.) Just because it was a freebee that I tried and really like. And I'm too cheap to shelve my Aviars for new Lightnings. The Lightning throws like the Aviars but I just like the feel better.

you talking about upshots?

i've got two of those i'll trade for an aviar.

pm me if you're interested.

I honestly never expected so many people to reccomend using only one mold. It makes sense and im sure psychologically changing molds mid practice will effect your confidence but i dont see it really having an effect for inside the circle putts. Ive been practicing the "feldberg" push putt about 200 putts a day and im too cheap to buy 10 wizards...

I use 175g DX Aviar. I think I have about 12 of them now. I stuck with them because you can always get a 175g Aviar at most tournaments in your player pack. I always add 1 or 2 when I order from DGC too. I think they are like $7.00.

I use 175g DX Aviar. I think I have about 12 of them now. I stuck with them because you can always get a 175g Aviar at most tournaments in your player pack. I always add 1 or 2 when I order from DGC too. I think they are like $7.00.

That's similar to how I'm building my stock of wizards. The local tournaments always have them, so I pick up a wizard with my players pack every time. Now I'm up to 6 wizards, I want to have 10 eventually.

Picking up putters in my players pack would be the smart way to go but the CFR and other drivers just look sooooo tempting.

I am not sure, they are both very similar in stability. Maybe use all four discs for close putts, but I wouldn't go past 15-20 feet with them because the flights may start to differ. Not really sure, I throw Wizards but never have thrown a Banger GT.

having the same mold definitely improves your consistency for grip purposes not to mention flight characteristics

Latest posts