• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting with 2 Hands ???

Paulito

If you have ever tried looking up anything other than like, the "2 Meter rule"
in the PDGA rules book, you'll know how confusing it can get trying to find a rule or decipher a certain situation. I looked through the booklet, but found nothing. Anyone have an idea??? I mean if it doesn't say NO in the book, then I guess YES? eH?

The specific style in question is a putt with 2 hands kinda "granny" style.

BUT, the style REALLY shouldn't matter right. I want to see the rule that says something like:

"Prior to ANY throw/shot the player MUST gain FULL control of the disc in ONE hand ONLY before releasing his/her throw. Otherwise a warning will be issued, and a re-throw will occur. any repeated offenses will be penalized a stroke and be re-thrown."

BUT, this ^ is from section 420.420 in the "High as Hell" rule book. HAHA

can't be effective for long putts, but hey, whatever works.....

That dude needs a hobby. Aah wait, that's an awesome hobby. Probably has a nice jump shot too.

I've seen some of the older guys at tournaments doing putts like that. They always seem to be consistent from 20ft and in.

Decent form for short putts, but I don't like changing the way I putt outside of a certain area. I find it makes one or the other lose accuracy. No problem with being legal

No problem with being legal

Word. Just getting technical.

I really could just stop this practice, but was curious, as a PRO was giving me quite a hard time about it.

So yeah. If nobody can point out the rule, with code, and sub-section numbered out, then I'm all good.

I say if your gonna go two handed you mind as well do it like the utube guy. Pull that off and not only will pros stop giving you a hard time but all the dg girls will adore you.... oh wait, nevermind ;)

That's a modified turbo putt, and it's totally legal. If he wanted to drop kick it in it's fine, as long as he doesn't move over the line...

\/\/

Latest posts