• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting

Pick one putter, stick with it, practice a bunch.

Also getting a basket is great. I got one recently and I love it. Very easy to get 20 minutes of practice in your yard.

^ Words of wisdom here. There isn't some all powerful putter that fixes your putting game. Pick one of the more popular putters (nobody want a 10M Brick or a Polecat...) and stick with it.

One thing I try to work on is finding out where I am missing my putts and working from there. Usually if I am off on my putting...most of my putts will miss low and right. I make sure I am not missing low and right the rest of the round and If I miss a putt high and left, I am satisfied because I knew a gave it a run.

I highly suggest mark ellis's putting confidence program

Aside from that go grab one of the standard putters everyone says to try (Challenger, Aviar, Wizard, Ion) and see how they feel for you. If you want something more understable find it and use that, overstable go for it. But confidence is the key because I find myself making harder puts by practicing the stuff I know how to do. By practicing the simple puts you learn the mechanics and build a base to be able to make hard putts and begin to do the stuff you want to.

I'm going to be doing the program soon, anyone care to join me? (send pm)

don't listen to anyone on the internet!

Hard to describe anything even relatively close on here.

Also don't dump the Magnet......one of the straightest putters around.

I really like Perfect Putt 360. It reinforces muscle memory but still places emphasis on "need to hit" shots. Before you know it you've made 100 putts.

Latest posts