• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PVC Disc Storage

ballardthedome

Par Member
Well, I wanted to thank everyone in the existing thread "PVC disc storage", but it's too old and I couldn't reply, so here's a new thread. I wanted a disc storage system of some sort, decided to go with the Formufit since I could get that in colors. That old thread was very helpful in getting this figured out. Was really easy to make.

The fittings and cut pieces of pipe:
vu8NAGAb.jpg

All put together:
GAmaiyTb.jpg

I need more discs now!
ZLmf1Bwb.jpg

That look's pretty sharp. I know what my next project is. Since I'm cheap I'll go with regular Schedule 40 PVC and Rust-Oleum for Plastic paint instead of Formufit.

Honestly, walmart has plastic storage bins that are the perfect size for discs. And they have a lid. But those do look pretty awesome for showing them off.

I think one of these would be a great way for a pro shop to display the used discs. Hmm I wonder what the chances are that the originator of this idea was a bowler? Because that looks like about every alley ball rack I have seen, lol.

That look's pretty sharp. I know what my next project is. Since I'm cheap I'll go with regular Schedule 40 PVC and Rust-Oleum for Plastic paint instead of Formufit.

Formufit with even the smallest diameter PVC can get expensive in colors. And that looked like a lot pieces and larger than 1" diameter. So that storage rack cost a pretty penny. Although I will say that all pieces just pop into place without cutting.

Well, I wanted to thank everyone in the existing thread "PVC disc storage", but it's too old and I couldn't reply, so here's a new thread.

There is a little box at the bottom that says, "I know this thread is X days old and I want to reply anyway." Just click the box, and enjoy reviving dead threads. :thmbup:

Nice rack, btw. :p

Sweet, thanks BigSky, didn't realize that.

sumo, yeah, it was pricey, but I really wanted that green. I used 1 1/4".