• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quad Shocks

Triplebogey1

Eagle Member
Right now I have a GB Silverback with Phenix Quad shocks. The only comfortable way that I've found to wear this is with the bag in the small of my back. At 5' 11" I had to adjust the quads all the way up in order to do this. Is there anyone elses quads that are shorter? Am I the only one who adjusts their quads this way and has this problem?? I tried having the bag ride on my butt, and it just doesn't feel right that way. It only feels right in the small of my back.

Triplebogey said:
Right now I have a GB Silverback with Phenix Quad shocks. The only comfortable way that I've found to wear this is with the bag in the small of my back. At 5' 11" I had to adjust the quads all the way up in order to do this. Is there anyone elses quads that are shorter? Am I the only one who adjusts their quads this way and has this problem?? I tried having the bag ride on my butt, and it just doesn't feel right that way. It only feels right in the small of my back.
thats about all you can do, i wish you could get em higher but then your discs might dump out when you bend down to pick one up

Triplebogey said:
I'm 5'11" too and I've done the same thing. I just can't get the straps short enough. Hmmm... Sounds like a new product Phenix should invest some $$ in... Shorter quads!

Steady 26542 said:
Triplebogey said:
I'm 5'11" too and I've done the same thing. I just can't get the straps short enough. Hmmm... Sounds like a new product Phenix should invest some $$ in... Shorter quads!
they do have smaller ones but im not sure how much higher they would put it

Triplebogey said:

That's a big reason why I (and many others) moved to the backpack. It fits high on your back and snug. The quadshocks seem to be made to hang down around the base of your spine/butt area.

black udder said:
Triplebogey said:

That's a big reason why I (and many others) moved to the backpack. It fits high on your back and snug. The quadshocks seem to be made to hang down around the base of your spine/butt area.
yeah, honestly this kinda has me thinking i want to go backpack, my lower back is often pretty sore after a long round, i think the bag sitting so low puts strain on the lower back by pulling on your shoulders from so low down.

I would prefer a GB pack, but if i have the cash before that comes out (and im sure i will :( ) i may have to go revo

I think a lot of times people actually don't hook their quads up to their bags correctly which causes the bag to not sit correctly. I'm 5' 10" and don't have any issues with my regular quads on my Silverback.

My bag sits securely on my lower back very similar to how a backpack sits on my back.

I know there are plans in the works for GBDS to illustrate the proper way to attach quads to their bags. Maybe this will happen sooner then later

kvanorsdel said:
I think a lot of times people actually don't hook their quads up to their bags correctly which causes the bag to not sit correctly. I'm 5' 10" and don't have any issues with my regular quads on my Silverback.

My bag sits securely on my lower back very similar to how a backpack sits on my back.

I know there are plans in the works for GBDS to illustrate the proper way to attach quads to their bags. Maybe this will happen sooner then later

I agree that folks might be hooking them up differently (whether that's right or wrong I don't know), but having used a shoulder strap, quad shocks and now the revo backpack, I can say for certain that the backpack is the least strenuous on the back. I'll fully admit that I load my bag up, so it's fairly heavy and I never had major issues with the quads, but after a full day, the quad bag was really heavy, the backpack not as much. If you throw a quad shock over your shoulder, the weight is a few feet down from your shoulder, whereas the backpack it's right at your shoulder. It's easier for your bigger muscles to deal with the weight.

I'm certain that physical shape and what you carry can vary the effects wildly, so I'm not bashing the quad shocks. They were a godsend to me over a strap. The difference between the shoulder strap and the quads was huge. The difference between the quad shocks and the backpack isn't going to be that big and I believe that the benefit isn't there for everybody. For some, though, it'll be worth the change.

kvanorsdel said:

Do you think you could snap a picture and throw it in this thread?

Latest posts