• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question about images?

McRick

Hello all,

I am thinking about getting started dying disks. I have watched a few videos online and done a good bit of lurking here on the forum. I will be headed to goodwill tomorrow to try and find a good pan/pot as my wife won't give me access to any of hers.

The one question that has stood out in my mind, is where do you guys get your images from? I have been looking online for a good celtic cross and have not had any luck with google's image search. Do you guys have a favorite places/way of getting the images you want to transfer to the disc?

McRick

Speaking of crosses, sometime earlier this year someone pictures of discs that they've dyed and one had an ornate cross on it. I can't find what thread it's on. Can anyone point me there? In the thread there were 2 discs and one was the cross. I think they were hosted somewhere else too. Any help would be appreciated.

You can always do a google search or an image search of some sort of stencil input...ie: star wars stencil or hawaiian stencil, and a surprising ammount of sites will pop up. From there you will need to adjust your sizing to get a good printout that will fit your disk. In the pic you will see what one night of dye-ing can do to your frisbee bag. Most of the images were found online, except the skull, that was custom..

Attachments

• Fris '09 027.jpg
    Fris '09 027.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 33
another thing to consider...

Do not over heat your disks while dye-ing! This is a big one, that i didn't really understand until i saw the finished product. Tried a three color dye, and the black was way too hot. It ended up bleeding through the other lines i had cut, to give a weird outlined effect. It also bled under some holes that were weakened by the heat. The blue didn't show up blue either... oh well...try and try again.

Attachments

• peace fris.jpg
    peace fris.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 34
You can also manipulate the color, contrast and brightness of almost any pic to produce a duotone image. Print it, trace onto vinyl or contact paper, cut the image out and you have your stencil.

if you want to find celtic crosses go to tattoo websites. that is by far the best place to find them. i have one done on my arm and doing an image search brings up crap. try tattoofinder or tattoo johnny.