• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question about returning discs

Bglo

Par Member
i was out playing the other day and i found a disc that had a name and number written on it, but there also was another name and number crossed out. my question is what would you do in this situation? call the person or keep the disc because they did the same thing?

Can you see the other name and number? It could also have been given or traded to someone. Why do you assume the worst automatically? My advice is to post it on nrdg with a title saying "multiple names" and a description of the disc.

that is very true, i've never thought about that. i just tried going on nrdg and the site wont open for me, my internet has been acting up latley so ill try again as soon as possible

You call the name. Period.
First off, how can you assume that this person "did the same thing" or did not return a call? Maybe they got the disc from a friend or bought it used or traded for it....I have a number of discs which I have acquired quite legitimately, which had someone else's name and number which I had to cross out and add my own.
Give a call, leave a message....if you don't get a return call, etc., the disc is yours, if you do, you just created a little good karma for yourself.

that is very true, i've never thought about that. i just tried going on nrdg and the site wont open for me, my internet has been acting up latley so ill try again as soon as possible

Chances are that you are correct man. There are a lot of D.B.s out there. But just in case... doing it the way I suggested will either get the disc to it's original owner, get the disc back to it's current owner who traded or bought it off someone, or call out a D.B. for what he really is.

i just called the original owner (i was able to make out the number) and he said that he had lost it, so i will be returning it soon!

Wow! The original lost it, someone else found it, tried to cross out their info, and you're getting it back to the original? Kudos!
That's awesome and will probably have me rethink who I call if I'm ever in a similar situation...right on man!

nah just keep em in the future. if they dont care enough about their disc to track it down, it goes to whoever lays first claim to it.

i just called the original owner (i was able to make out the number) and he said that he had lost it, so i will be returning it soon!

What is the disc thief's name please?

nah just keep em in the future. if they dont care enough about their disc to track it down, it goes to whoever lays first claim to it.

Don't listen to this guy. ^ Ever.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls....the UNcoolest DRer around, the guy you never want to play a round with and you only hope he doesn't live near you or ever play on the courses you frequent......Aaaaaaaaaapothecary!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Applause!]
[Applause!]
[Applause!]

think what you will about my disc return policy. while youre tracking down yahoos who cant pick up after themselves and wasting cell minutes in an attempt to find the owner, ill be working on my putting. :p

think what you will about my disc return policy. while youre tracking down yahoos who cant pick up after themselves and wasting cell minutes in an attempt to find the owner, ill be working on my putting. :p

Enjoy doing it alone. Take a look at the recent gorilla boy thread you ruined. It's almost seems crystal clear you aren't one of us and no one wants you here.

...or posting on the internet? :eek:

Enjoy doing it alone. Take a look at the recent gorilla boy thread you ruined. It's almost seems crystal clear you aren't one of us and no one wants you here.

ruined, eh?

looked like succinct discussion to me. :\

if "us" is the limp-wristed hippy club, count me out. :p

think what you will about my disc return policy. while you're tracking down yahoos who cant pick up after themselves and wasting cell minutes in an attempt to find the owner, ill be working on my putting. :p

Yea, what a world we live in, where someone tries to do good by their fellow man.:clap:

I have a disc that I got from Eric a year ago, and it still has his info and mine on it, so I can see where if I lost it and someone found it, it would be confusing.

im not going to post that, i dont want to start any trouble and you shouldnt post phone numbers online

What is the etiquette when someone has thrown their disc in to a lake, the disc is floating and within sight but they choose not to retrieve it. The owner is gone but it has a name and number on the back. Should I return it or do I keep it for the trouble?