• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and live very close to the new course in Como Park. I have have been seeing the term "MONDO" on the course maps and through out the forum. What does this term mean?

I think you mean "MANDO"? It just means that you have to go to the left (or right) of a particular obstacle depending on the course. For example, if a hole goes to the left then there may be a tree on the inside corner that you must stay to the right of so you can't cut the corner.

Also, welcome to the site :)

Thanks guys...I appriciate that...that makes a lot of sense...I actually later looked it up in the PDGA Official Rules...found it it in the glossary...THANKS

Does anyone know a Chuck Siegfried ? I have a disc that a friend walking her dog found. It is a white innova "Valkyrie". I will probably be at the tourney at Ellison Park Sept. 29th. It was at Ellison.

Hey dj,

It might be better to post specific stuff like that on the local club forums as you're more likely to get a response. This site may be a bit too broad right now for questions like that. If the membership base gets bigger I plan on having regional forums for stuff like this, course talk, etc. though.

The mando rule work like this:
you play it ur good. you dont 1 stroke penalty. if u hit someone damage their propety, car, etc., not obeying the mando, they complain to park district, course can be closed.

thanks for the info timg, however i did give it to royce at the tourney down at Ellison park a couple of weeks ago.

i love mandos, they make the course so much more interesting

When I'm/we're playing a course that is just too easy we'll sometimes play "you call it mando" either we take turns or the last hole winner gets the call. It makes kiddie courses more interesting.