• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick Coat Worm Dye Questions

I'm trying to figure out if darker just means darker color (pink looks more red/purple) or if darker means more opaque. Or both. Bright and opaque is what I'd prefer.

Ah ok not as good of a fishing move on you now damn... Yeah more opaque less brainwaves. Not deeper color change at all just true to the dye.

^

Those of you without metal sinks in your home, how do you dispose of the excess/runoff dye when you remove the disc? Am I overthinking this and should just use a paper towel or something? I know to reuse the dye and put it back in a container of sort, I just don't want to stain a sink or shower drain with what's running off the disc if I can avoid it.

I always rinse in a 1/3rd full porcelain sink of cold water. No staining has ever occurred. All excess dye is saved in a glass jar. If you are using vynil in the dye process the cold water can make the decal difficult to remove or leave a residue. Use a hair dryer to warm the vynil quick before removal.

The Spike It Garlic dye was incredibly stinky. Even the Spike It unscented Chartreuse dye I got had a faint whiff of garlic.

I have used many, many batches of both Quick Coat and Spike It unscented lure dyes and the only smell I get acetone. Odd that you would have a garlic smell. Were you by chance using some of the same materials which may have absorbed the scent? Bowls, vinyl, plates, even some cutting tools can absorb the strong garlic scent.

The Spike It Garlic dye was incredibly stinky.

Does that mean that the disc will stink for a long time after dyeing it? Maybe a stupid question, don't know. ... I just want to avoid opening my bag on the course and having to play alone, because everyone around suddenly have better things to do than play disc golf with me ;-) ... or needing to invite them to a Gyros lunch first. :-D

I have used many, many batches of both Quick Coat and Spike It unscented lure dyes and the only smell I get acetone. Odd that you would have a garlic smell. Were you by chance using some of the same materials which may have absorbed the scent? Bowls, vinyl, plates, even some cutting tools can absorb the strong garlic scent.

Does that mean that the disc will stink for a long time after dyeing it? Maybe a stupid question, don't know. ... I just want to avoid opening my bag on the course and having to play alone, because everyone around suddenly have better things to do than play disc golf with me ;-) ... or needing to invite them to a Gyros lunch first. :-D

There is a Garlic scented version, and Unscented version.

The Garlic scented Spike it IS very stinky, and stays around quite a while in the disc. Highly recommend staying away from the Garlic version, even if it's the only kind they have at the local bait shop. Unless you're playing against Vampires.

I wonder if fish really are that attracted to the garlic scent... or other available scents.

Let's think about this...how often do fish get to smell garlic in the first place?

That's like wearing Bugatti cologne because hopefully one women has smelled one before?

Nah, I could smell it straight from the bottle. It's like I got a batch from where they transitioned from garlic to unscented or something.

Oh the garlic scented dye reeks. I put the disc outside and then in my trunk to air out. After a few days it's not too bad. If you want your bag/car to smell faintly like you deliver bread sticks for a living it's great.

I'll try to get a picture in the next couple days here (my bag is at home) but I have a Supreme Flight stamped CD2 that was originally a muted yellow swirly S-Line and I used the above process of zip-top bag and worm dye for about 20 minutes total. It is a darker pink/purple, extremely bright colored, and did not ruin the stamp. So don't be too worried about stamps. Again, I'll get a pic soon.

Can I see a picture of that lol still figuring out this whole website

Can I see a picture of that lol still figuring out this whole website

kwgDuRu.jpg

Got some pink, flu orange, and chartreuse otw.

Wondering about Fire Dye brand bait dye. Does it work on discs?

Latest posts