• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick Links

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I ended up buying dgcour.se and am using it for short URLs to courses. I posted a new little thing on each course page with an easy to copy/paste link.

I have no idea how useful this will be but I liked the URL and now you don't have to remember a long URL if you just want to shoot someone a course link.

are you sure your site is hosted with proper DNS redirects? I am not able to make it show up.

I just set it all up today, might take a little bit to propagate everywhere. It works on my home internet connection and through Verizon on my phone.

Cool. Thanks Tim, worked well for me. Also wondering, is the number on the link the order the courses were added to DGCR? If so, do you know what the first course added to this site was?

It is the order they were added. You can just go to http://dgcour.se/1 but I'll save you the click, it was Prompton State Park in Honesdale, PA. I think I added my local courses and ones from a prior dg trip when I first set things up.

Yea, you need the course id but the URL should be more memorable now if you just remember a number. I could maybe do dgcour.se/ellison_park or something but I think the number is a faster and you don't need to have good spelling :)

Yea, you need the course id but the URL should be more memorable now if you just remember a number. I could maybe do dgcour.se/ellison_park or something but I think the number is a faster and you don't need to have good spelling
I saw some course links today and was wondering why I'd never seen them before, as I'm using that part of the site a lot these days.

Thanks.

Just a thought, would it be possible to use a course tag in a forum post and have the site auto convert it to a link with the course name? e.g. typing in [course]1[/course] shows up as a link to "Ellison Park" in the text?

That's a cool idea although I'm not sure how I'd do it. I'll do some investigating and if it's doable without some crazy amount of work I'll give it a try.

This is a great idea Tim but because people are super-lazy I recommend a copy-to-clipboard button next to that Share URL address.

Latest posts