• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick ruling help

ziplock

Hi there. Long time lurker here.

We were playing a multiple pin hole today and I aced the wrong basket :) What is the ruling here? We used "stuck in a tree" rules, but it was a first for all of us.

Congratulations on your "Black Ace"!!

I believe that you would mark it below the basket, and play on to the correct basket from there, assuming that you weren't out of bounds.

Grey Ace when you ace the wrong basket on a multi-basket hole. Play it like a metal bush and mark on the ground below it.

I've heard it called a brown ace when you intentionally throw to the wrong basket. Mainly because when you find out it was the wrong basket, the first word out of your mouth is "$#1T!" (other words follow, but the 90 seconds of profanity start the same way 99% of the time -- or so it's said)

Brown Ace is throwing into a trash can or when you accidentally drop a disc into the Porto-John...

Although If You claimed You tried to ace that basket then You could take a 2 stroke penalty and count that as holing out. Claim the ace, get the disc signed, and card a 3 ;)

Edit: I may have made up that rule, but I seem to remember something along lines of a 2 stroke penalty for holing out on the wrong basket.

803.03 Misplay
G. Types of misplay
2. Wrong Target. The player has holed out on a target that is not the target for the hole being played. If no subsequent throw has been made, play continues from the resulting lie. If the target is a basket target, the disc is above the playing surface, and play proceeds according to 802.02.C. If the player has teed off on the next hole, a two-throw penalty shall be added to the score for the misplayed hole.

Bolded answers the OP. Italicized covers eday1022's post. Though if it was intentional (holing out and teeing on the next hole), it could be grounds for disqualification in a tournament.

Brown Ace is throwing into a trash can or when you accidentally drop a disc into the Porto-John...

Every once in a while you say something like this, and I think "chuck might not be a robot after all". I lol'd.

Jc is for sure a robot though. Maybe like terminator. Never happy, sometimes angry.

Last edited:
Every once in a while you say something like this, and I think "chuck might not be a robot after all". I lol'd.

Jc is for sure a robot though. Maybe like terminator. Never happy, sometimes angry.

Never angry. Annoyed, maybe. Stubborn and impassioned on occasion, sure. But never angry.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. :)

Lol. Hulk terminator. I do like you guys. It's good to have a rule cited without any emotional attachment. A lot of times guys try to bend a rule to their liking when they are clearly wrong. Hell I've done it in casual rounds back in the day. I've learned a lot from you guys and this site and I appreciate it.

Latest posts