• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Quit bringing back old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumo21

Eagle Member
Lately, to my chagrin, I've seen posts of discs that I might have wanted but the previous post to thread was more than 2 years, some over 5 years.

New people to this site, please look at the date of the last post in the thread. If it's more than a year or so, DON'T post.

If you feel that you think you MIGHT have a shot at getting in contact with the original poster, JUST SEND THAT POSTER A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

It really seems to cause jakebake some distress. He's been fairly diligent in policing the marketplace necro bumps.

This is more of a recent slew of activities that have happened. jakebake has done a really good job but NEWER members will still bump a thread, no matter how inactive it has been, usually because a post of over a long peeiod of time has prices of $7-$8 per disc (premium plastic) shipped.

Heck, I've even seen some recent activities where the thread should be closed but the original poster didn't close it out.

This is more of a recent slew of activities that have happened. jakebake has done a really good job but NEWER members will still bump a thread, no matter how inactive it has been, usually because a post of over a long peeiod of time has prices of $7-$8 per disc (premium plastic) shipped.

Heck, I've even seen some recent activities where the thread should be closed but the original poster didn't close it out.

Disagree bolded. They don't have the insight to consider the date OP posted.

Yes OP should lock it themselves (or edit>sold) but users should be considerate enough to others as well - which DGCR noobs don't do. Very very basic reasoning should tell you a 5yo sale thread is no more. Few probably don't care but most are probably down right oblivious.

I wonder if Tim could arrange for inactive Marketplace threads to automatically time out and close after some period of time, like say after six months?

It really seems to cause jakebake some distress. He's been fairly diligent in policing the marketplace necro bumps.

I've only done it two or three times haha. But it's stupid,and it clutters up our marketplace. My thought process is that it helps some of us from not realizing it was a Necro bump and adding to the silliness and asking about other discs too.

I brought this up in the Site Suggestions sub, Timg is aware of what is happening but yeah, it's freaking annoying.

But what if someone from 2011 is still looking for their dx Wahoo?? Who are we to deny them of their wants?
:doh:

Basically just came here to make a bad joke and agree with everyone...there does seem to be an increase in bringing back exceptionally old threads... I've gotten messages from a few months where a thread has gone dormant through the winter, but (like my joke) I saw one from 2011ish and the user hadn't logged into the site for 6 years.

Thanks for the advice. I have a post from over 5 years ago that I will randomly get messages about. Just went and marked it as sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts