• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro Boss

N0rlander

Photoon8-19-12at1028PM.jpg

This is my first post. I have been chucking plastic for a few years but have only been serious about golfing and form and building a diverse bag that covers a wide range this year. Great crowd on this forum that has added big D for me. I recently invested in an R-pro Boss and if this thing was built to last more than a few hits in the woods I know it would be my go to rhbh disc. I am converting from a forehand shot and having trouble finding the right disc to hyzer-flip. With my new and relatively weak arm I am only able to throw out to about 200. 4 holes on high bridge in spokane and the disc is chunked up way worse than my most abused 2 month old dx plastic.
I am so disappointed that I have wrote innova a letter describing to them the failure of their design for a golf application. If this disc was used in an application where it was only thrown at goose down sleeping bags, What a disc it would be. However, I can not see why this disc would be marketed as a tool to throw toward a metal pin when it so clearly can not take even the slightest hit. A missed ace/basket shot would explode the r-pro. The picture doesn't do justice to how bad the r-pro's **** gets pushed in by such a weak hit into conifer bark. So disappointed. If you read this far thanks. I feel a little better now. All the other discs i wasted money on they are still good discs for someone better than me. This junk is useless and I expect better from innova.

Sh*t happens bro. Why would you buy an R pro boss anyway? For the 15 bucks discs cost is it really worth crying and writing innova about? If you want a more durable disc get premium plastic.

Shouldn't R-Pro be more like $10 than $15? That's even less of something to be upset about. R-Pro is definitely not "built to last" and is my least favorite plastic, but you have to know going in that it is a very soft and dent-prone plastic. Funny thing is, my R-Pro Boss was the same color and had dents just like that before I "donated" the disc to my dog.

I've said it in other R-Pro Boss threads and I'll say it again, I love my R-Pro Boss.
I throw a 160g-ish and it accounts for my one and only ace. Thing really hauls with the right release and the grip is outstanding.
That being said, the R-Pro Boss just does not last very long. At this point, I keep one in my bag, but only use it maybe once per round.

1.) If you can only throw it 200', you're too weak to be throwing a Boss. Try something MUCH slower like a Cheetah or a Leopard.

2.) R-Pro plastic isn't meant to be durable; it's meant to be grippy. That's part Innova marketing, but it's also the truth. If you want something more durable, buy more durable plastic.

3.) If you're looking to hyzer flip, you actually WANT that disc to get all beat up. A beat R-Pro Boss is flippy as ****. If you can't flip that, refer back to 1.)

I've said it in other R-Pro Boss threads and I'll say it again, I love my R-Pro Boss.
I throw a 160g-ish and it accounts for my one and only ace. Thing really hauls with the right release and the grip is outstanding.
That being said, the R-Pro Boss just does not last very long. At this point, I keep one in my bag, but only use it maybe once per round.

i have a like new one in my thread.

i'll trade if for just about anything or throw it in a trade.

r pro doesn't last.

1.) If you can only throw it 200', you're too weak to be throwing a Boss. Try something MUCH slower like a Cheetah or a Leopard.

2.) R-Pro plastic isn't meant to be durable; it's meant to be grippy. That's part Innova marketing, but it's also the truth. If you want something more durable, buy more durable plastic.

3.) If you're looking to hyzer flip, you actually WANT that disc to get all beat up. A beat R-Pro Boss is flippy as ****. If you can't flip that, refer back to 1.)

/ thread

I fault the course designer.
They should have had the foresight to remove or at least install padding on those trees to protect your investment. Their failure to do so is irresponsible.

Is this for serious? R-pro anything should either be a putter or an open field disc. The cheaper plastic discs tend to have more glide so tend to be easier to throw for distance, but you want to avoid them in situations where trees are involved. I'll reiterate what was already said about the Boss being WAY too much disc for you if you only throw 200ft. I'm not ripping on you or anything, it's simply the truth. I can throw 350ft in an open field and the boss is too much for me too. Work on getting putters and mids out to the 200 - 250ft. range and fairway drivers speed 7 or less out to the 300+ area before you look at faster stuff.

"Golf application." That's how I'm referring to my discs from now on.

Your disappointment with the R Pro Boss is understandable. It's very much a specialty disc and not very useful. I think the primary reason it exists is that the R Pro plastic was the first blend in which they could get a speed 13 driver like the Boss down to below 150 grams.

To those of you who share your helpful insight and experience, thank you. To the others who troll around waiting for opportunities to be dramatic, i shall ignore you. Im obviously new. When at the disc store i understood dx was cheep and didn't last. Then somehow I heard the boss is a good disc. The only not bought was an r-pro. Being so new how would the beginner know that one disc with all the other "premium" plastics doesn't last 18 holes? I have learned my lesson by researching more before buying plastic. Amongst the heaps and heaps of sarcastic, ill spirited b.s. on this forum, there are tons of good members and info and has added many feet to my drives and more precision to my short game. Thanks for the disc advise and what not-
T

Latest posts