• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Raining out!!

Luckily for me I have a 25ft long hallway with a lazy-boy at one end just inside a doorway. Perfect putt practice. Once over the winter I even put out a large box fan to give me a headwind feel, lol.

Luckily for me I have a 25ft long hallway with a lazy-boy at one end just inside a doorway. Perfect putt practice. Once over the winter I even put out a large box fan to give me a headwind feel, lol.

ill one up you. i have about 33ft in my apt. longest hallway ever. basket at end. no fan. i wish

Nice :thmbup:

Yea it rains all the time in Ohio so eventually I'm going to have to start playing in the rain. Currently in a streak of about 3 or 4 rainy days and it looks like it'll be raining some more. It sucks to try to wait for the ground to dry out.

No space in the house to set up the pin, so that's not an option. Playing in the rain doesn't sound too bad, I just need some goolashes :)

Last edited:
I set up in the garage last night.......can only get 20 footer right now due to clutter and lack of spring cleaning ........ Didn't take me long to hammer one into the light switch and the cover exploded. Good thing the wife didn't see that one!

Played 2 rounds at Buxton Woods yesterday, and it rained about half the time, 58 degrees. If its cold and snowy you're off the hook, otherwise your wuss module just kicked in.

Would some of you getting rain send some of that stuff this way? We had a big thunder and lightning show last night and got a whopping 1/4 inch out of it.
:wall:

And unless there's thunder and lightning, I'd just putt outdoors. Its not like you're sugar or something.

I played every Tuesday this winter no matter how bad it was I trekked threw 2 feet of snow sometimes even more. So rain isn't stopping me

I played in this order yesterday my airy(rained for about 8 holes 3 of which where an absolute down poor), Idlewild(sprinkled off and on) and Lincoln ridge(rained off and on). So short story long, there is no such thing as a rain out. Went thru 3 shirts, 5 pairs of socks, 3 towels and 2 hats. Even stopped at dollar general to buy more socks. Drove 1.5 hours enjoying myself either dry or soaked.

I played in this order yesterday my airy(rained for about 8 holes 3 of which where an absolute down poor), Idlewild(sprinkled off and on) and Lincoln ridge(rained off and on). So short story long, there is no such thing as a rain out. Went thru 3 shirts, 5 pairs of socks, 3 towels and 2 hats. Even stopped at dollar general to buy more socks. Drove 1.5 hours enjoying myself either dry or soaked.

That's what I'm talkin bout buddy

you coming down for the Bluegrass Open?

I have a system set up with a plywood board, some cardboard and three spare curtains to protect my walls when I practice putting inside. Have to do something. I like the box fan idea someone mentioned already. You would be surprised how much these effort have improved my putting.

By the way, what is a little rain? I played a sanctioned tournament round today in blowing snow and freezing temperatures on a course built on a large drainage area producing several small lakes to walk through, somewhat similar to what happened at the Memorial this year when the rains came.

Latest posts