• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rainy day golf

prhodes

Birdie Member
Well mother nature decided to ruin my plans by giving us rain for the first time all summer. So my question is how do you get your rainy day disc golf fix?

When the rains come, I usually make that a rest day. There is some value to taking a day off. If I really need a fix, I'll use the extra time to try to get my disc collection somewhat organized.

If it's a light steady rain and I got the urge, I'll play anyway. If not, xbox or work on the old project car in the garage.

Also a good option. My XBox tends to get neglected during the summer.

I haven't played mine since early spring. Turned it on this weekend to see all the downloads I've missed, downloaded them and turned it off.

As for the OP, if it's a lighter rain, I'll just take a few discs, a towel, and play. I don't feel like subjecting my entire bag to getting wet. If it's heavy, I stay home and peruse the forums.

I played a couple times in the rain this year and now my sneakers stink to high heaven and I've gotta buy a new pair, so I'll probably skip the rain sessions in the future.

I just play ... We had a tournament early in the season this year that was a fundraiser tourney ... POURING rain ... still played. I like to play in the rain from time to time incase it rains at a tourney anyway. have to be able to adjust on the fly to that.

That and during the summer here in Florida, you'll get hot n sweaty enough to where your hands and discs might as well be rained on even with the normal 4 or 5 tourney towles LOL.

Disc Golf on Sports Champions for the PS3 Move always does it for me. Sometimes I just wish the baskets were that big in real life.

By playing Disc Golf.

Seriously. Only once so far have I let the weather hold me back, and that was for lightning.

Admittedly, it's been a very dry year since I started playing. So, I've not yet played in a downpour. But, I figure that, at least the first time, I'd go out and do it. I would worry a bit about injury due to footwork in wet conditions. But, I'd make the best of it unless it really seemed dangerous.

Wooded courses are your friends while it's raining. If you have one nearby go play that. Usually I don't get too wet while playing my local wooded course in the rain. Other than that I guess it's up to you whether or not you have the drive to get out there regardless of the weather conditions.

as long as there's no lightning i'll still go out. if it's a full on storm i'll get my mind right and go on a netflix spree.

Wooded courses are your friends while it's raining. If you have one nearby go play that. Usually I don't get too wet while playing my local wooded course in the rain. Other than that I guess it's up to you whether or not you have the drive to get out there regardless of the weather conditions.

It's fun to push the trees when your friends are under them and run like hell. :D

So today at the Old Settler's Open in Olathe, KS we really found out what rain was. Hurricane Isaac was rolling through town (yes, Hurricane Isaac was in Kansas) and it was by far the most difficult round of golf I have ever played. Discs were slipping out left and right, snap was nonexistent, and the greens were fast as snot (not to mention the sky-high scores). So I figured rather than make a new thread, I would ask it in this thread...

What are the worst conditions you have ever played in, and how did you cope with them? What was your strategy after any chance of drying your hand or discs was gone? Also, today's tournament got me wondering if the PDGA would ever cancel or postpone a tournament because of inclement weather?

If I let rain get in the way of my discin' I'd never play at all during fall, winter, spring, and a little of summer.

Latest posts