• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RANT: Throwing over troubled water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the lost disc in question a groove?

I think it is general consensus that you dont return grooves in order to protect the past owner. Here is an entire sleeve of SOME of them at our local PIAS. (yes those are all grooves!)

LOL.

My advice to the groove owners is, throw them further out so they can't come back.

Of course, it's hard to do with a groove.

You sound butthurt. Own your decision. If you choose not to return it then just don't and be done with it. Don't make excuses or try to rationalize why you are right and post it on here.

Case in point: guy reads a thread called "RANT" and then complains about how the guy is ranting. Sigh... you aren't by any chance American are you?

LOL.

My advice to the groove owners is, throw them further out so they can't come back.

Of course, it's hard to do with a groove.

You know, maybe we should all just drop the "pond diving" argument and unite under our unanimous disdain for the Groove.

Seriously, we should gather them all up and send them back to Dave with a Hallmark sympathy card, or a message that reads, "Sorry, better luck next time."

And guaranteed, there WILL be a next time. With Dave there's ALWAYS a next time.

I would not have given the disc to the other guys either. I always call, but often the person just tells you to keep it or they say they will come get it but never do, so then it's a free disc! And for the record, I am of the opinion that you are not legally obligated to call the number, but it is the nice thing to do. And I also completely agree with the OP that if you throw your disc around water, even if you thought there was no chance of it going in, you have no right to expect that disc back if you lose it in the water. But you can always hope!

Case in point: guy reads a thread called "RANT" and then complains about how the guy is ranting. Sigh... you aren't by any chance American are you?

nope, i just keep that info by my name for funsies.

i agree, it's dumb to throw a precious disc over the water if you are concerned about losing it. and i think it's awesome that you texted the number. they are dumb for stomping your nuts about it.

it was a misunderstanding that went further awry once you chose a particular phrase. i don't think you're a dick, i'm just saying not to let what those idiots do bother you. if you choose not to return it, own it and tell it to their face and let them know they can't do anything about it. if you do return it, then great. either way, i'm just saying to own it. haters gonna hate; you don't have to justify your actions because they are chumps and they can be heroes on their own little white horse in their own heads - they have no idea what's going on. let them be dumb, report them for harassment and have a laugh. i'm done condemning pond divers anyway; it's a silly battle - unless you're mike, the guy on facebook who texted someone to inform them that he was keeping the disc . . . and then you wind up having to change your number because all of the disc golfers in the twin cities blow up your phone. :doh:

Last edited:
You know, maybe we should all just drop the "pond diving" argument and unite under our unanimous disdain for the Groove.

Seriously, we should gather them all up and send them back to Dave with a Hallmark sympathy card, or a message that reads, "Sorry, better luck next time."

And guaranteed, there WILL be a next time. With Dave there's ALWAYS a next time.

I have a Groove I would chip in. I am not sure I can sell it for more than the cost to ship it anyway.

i guess it's just kind of funny because my buddy and i started a disc return group. i get people trying to give me discs to return and tell them no for the most part. or they'll say something like "oh yeah, this one has ink, i've called them but they haven't returned my call". it's a hassle to be the middleman for everybody. i tell them they can keep it or return it if they want to. it's already lost; i don't really care if they call the number or not because i'm not their mommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.