• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate my bag.

Let me know what im missing or have to much of. Any suggestion on new discs would help a lot.

Bag: Fade Tourney w/ DGA Gel Straps

Putters:
Star Aviar
DX Rhyno

Mids:
175 DX Roc
167 DX Roc
173 Star Roc
174 DX Cobra
173 Star Mako

Drivers:
175 Champ Boss
174 Champ Groove
175 Star Wraith
168 Pro Starfire
173 Star Teebird
171 Champ Eagle
175 Whippet

Do you really need three rocs?

Alrighty.

Do you throw fore-hand or back-hand for your drives (or both)?

Throw in a Leopard or XL or something a tad on the understable driver tip. IMO

Boss,Groove, Starfire and Wraith. I would assume one could go.

Looks like a nice set up though.

If you toss in a Wizard or Magic you will be thrilled.

Alrighty.

Do you throw fore-hand or back-hand for your drives (or both)?

Kinda depends what mood, more accurate with backhand, i use forehand for bombers and technical hooking shots.

Let me get this straight

Understable- fades left
stable- straight
overstable- fades right

Kinda depends what mood, more accurate with backhand, i use forehand for bombers and technical hooking shots.

Let me get this straight

Understable- fades left
stable- straight
overstable- fades right

Are you left handed?

For a right-handed backhand thrower: understable fades right, stable stays straight, overstable fades to the left.

Let me know what im missing or have to much of. Any suggestion on new discs would help a lot.

Putters:
Star Aviar
DX Rhyno

Mids:
175 DX Roc
167 DX Roc
173 Star Roc
174 DX Cobra
173 Star Mako

Drivers:
175 Champ Boss
174 Champ Groove
175 Star Wraith
168 Pro Starfire
173 Star Teebird
171 Champ Eagle
175 Whippet
Kinda hard to know about your drivers since I don't know how far you throw. The Boss and Groove can overlap, but it depends on how domey the individual discs are and there is no real way for us to know that. Between the Boss/Groove/Wraith/Starfire that is an awful lot of fast drivers so I'm not sure why you would need all of them.

If you have three Rocs, I don't know why you need a Mako. I can give you the Cobra assuming you use it for rollers because the Cobra is a better roller than a Roc, but three Rocs render that Mako dead weight in your bag. If you are not using the Cobra for rollers, it should go as well (or you could learn to throw rollers with it. ;))

Kinda hard to know about your drivers since I don't know how far you throw. The Boss and Groove can overlap, but it depends on how domey the individual discs are and there is no real way for us to know that. Between the Boss/Groove/Wraith/Starfire that is an awful lot of fast drivers so I'm not sure why you would need all of them.

If you have three Rocs, I don't know why you need a Mako. I can give you the Cobra assuming you use it for rollers because the Cobra is a better roller than a Roc, but three Rocs render that Mako dead weight in your bag. If you are not using the Cobra for rollers, it should go as well (or you could learn to throw rollers with it. ;))

cobra for hard anhyzer shots, i never throw my groove or my wraith, what should i replace them with?

Drives range from 375-425 depending on conditions.

cobra for hard anhyzer shots, i never throw my groove or my wraith, what should i replace them with?

Drives range from 375-425 depending on conditions.
If you never throw them, that's a really good sign that you don't need them. It kinda leaves open the long-range hyzerflip/turnover slot if you are not using the Groove for that. Maybe a Beast or something like that would fill that slot.

What are the differences in the shots you use the Boss for and the Starfire for?

If you never throw them, that's a really good sign that you don't need them. It kinda leaves open the long-range hyzerflip/turnover slot if you are not using the Groove for that. Maybe a Beast or something like that would fill that slot.

What are the differences in the shots you use the Boss for and the Starfire for?

i feel i turn the starfire (maybe because of the lighter weight) over on RHFH shots, the boss i can just bomb downwind or in no wind at all.

i feel i turn the starfire (maybe because of the lighter weight) over on RHFH shots, the boss i can just bomb downwind or in no wind at all.
So the Starfire ends left on a RHFH shot?

Sometimes I feel like Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke.

OK, I went back and looked at your discs and you have a Pro Starfire, which probably is the SL mold and very similar to the Beast. I was looking at another post that just said "Starfire" and didn't notice yours was the Pro. So it should be understable and fly like you are describing.

Anyway, scratch where I said get a Beast or something because the SL will cover that.

Well, since I know you have room in that bag, I would recommend an understable mid like a Coyote or Stingray....and maybe mess around with some discraft or lat 64. Maybe take a disc you really like or one that you like but are inconsistent with and find out what discraft molds are close and try a few out...

Putters:
Star Aviar
DX Rhyno

Mids:
175 DX Roc
167 DX Roc
173 Star Roc
174 DX Cobra
173 Star Mako

Drivers:
175 Champ Boss
174 Champ Groove
175 Star Wraith
168 Pro Starfire
173 Star Teebird
171 Champ Eagle
175 Whippet

First of all, kudos for having the stones to toss your bag up here for review.

Drivers: From what I see, your bag is full of overlaps, and there are a few shots you don't have, and plenty of dead weight.Your Boss/Groove/Wraith should be treating you about the same I'm guessing, depending on how much wear that Wraith has on it. Maybe the Boss can help you fight some head winds better, but that Groove may need to go- pick one of them, ditch the other.

As for that starfire- I'm assuming that backhand this be a great disc for all out distance- since it's a Pro SL, and lighter, this disc will (given the right armspeed) treat you very well as a good utility distance driver, and work itself into an understable distance driver, and eventually a long roller. I don't think that there is much overlap there with the other three above. Your Eagle and Teebird, however- you need to pick one you like more between those two. Maybe one is for more of a headwind situation, but as fairways of decent similarity, I'd say toss one. Whippet- keep it.

Midrange: As far as Rocs go, I actually think you might have a decent spread, depending on wear. Your star will be overstable, that 175 is probably anywhere from slightly overstable to stable, and that 167 is not a bad one for annhyzer lines. That said, as long as your 167 is treating you understable(as it should with light weight and eventually wear), you can chuck the cobra, and mako. Either that, or keep the star Roc and Mako and chuck the other two rocs.

Putters: Your call. Whatever fits in your hand that you do well with.

That said, I'd say the holes in your bag that I see, esp. if you want to open up your backhand bag of tricks, are the following:

Understable Driver- Sidewinder, Roadrunner, etc. You don't really have anything that is understable, unless that pro starfire is. In this case, you're going to want it for right turning RHBH shots, or simply a tailwind.

Stable Driver- This one is up in the air. I'm talking about a workhorse, utility driver that is pretty stable, depending on your armspeed- so a champ Viking or a Valkyrie (since you favor Innova) would be a good one to have around. You're throwing a lot of really fast drivers, and those sort of things kind of demand a lot of power- leaving you with your pants down if you are in a wooded course, since the more power you have to put into something, the less accurate you'll be.

Other than my two cents, seems like a good bag. It's not that you picked bad discs, just that you may have a few spots of dead weight that you could get some more shots in. Thanks for reading.

Well, since I know you have room in that bag, I would recommend an understable mid like a Coyote or Stingray....and maybe mess around with some discraft or lat 64. Maybe take a disc you really like or one that you like but are inconsistent with and find out what discraft molds are close and try a few out...

Um...he has a Mako, a super light Roc, and a Cobra- that's about all the understable midrange he needs.