• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate my bag.

First of all, kudos for having the stones to toss your bag up here for review.

Drivers: From what I see, your bag is full of overlaps, and there are a few shots you don't have, and plenty of dead weight.Your Boss/Groove/Wraith should be treating you about the same I'm guessing, depending on how much wear that Wraith has on it. Maybe the Boss can help you fight some head winds better, but that Groove may need to go- pick one of them, ditch the other.

As for that starfire- I'm assuming that backhand this be a great disc for all out distance- since it's a Pro SL, and lighter, this disc will (given the right armspeed) treat you very well as a good utility distance driver, and work itself into an understable distance driver, and eventually a long roller. I don't think that there is much overlap there with the other three above. Your Eagle and Teebird, however- you need to pick one you like more between those two. Maybe one is for more of a headwind situation, but as fairways of decent similarity, I'd say toss one. Whippet- keep it.

Midrange: As far as Rocs go, I actually think you might have a decent spread, depending on wear. Your star will be overstable, that 175 is probably anywhere from slightly overstable to stable, and that 167 is not a bad one for annhyzer lines. That said, as long as your 167 is treating you understable(as it should with light weight and eventually wear), you can chuck the cobra, and mako. Either that, or keep the star Roc and Mako and chuck the other two rocs.

Putters: Your call. Whatever fits in your hand that you do well with.

That said, I'd say the holes in your bag that I see, esp. if you want to open up your backhand bag of tricks, are the following:

Understable Driver- Sidewinder, Roadrunner, etc. You don't really have anything that is understable, unless that pro starfire is. In this case, you're going to want it for right turning RHBH shots, or simply a tailwind.

Stable Driver- This one is up in the air. I'm talking about a workhorse, utility driver that is pretty stable, depending on your armspeed- so a champ Viking or a Valkyrie (since you favor Innova) would be a good one to have around. You're throwing a lot of really fast drivers, and those sort of things kind of demand a lot of power- leaving you with your pants down if you are in a wooded course, since the more power you have to put into something, the less accurate you'll be.

Other than my two cents, seems like a good bag. It's not that you picked bad discs, just that you may have a few spots of dead weight that you could get some more shots in. Thanks for reading.

I really appreciate the long review. I think im going to chuck the groove and add a valkyrie, the mako as been treating me well and the cobra i use anytime i need a nice anhyzer shot, my teebird stays dead straight and my eagle has a nice fade at the end.

Eagles and TeeBirds can overlap but I know a lot of people who use both, so it's pretty much up to you. If you have clearly defined roles for them you should be good.

I think if you add a Valk it is going to overlap with the SL. It looks like you need a good overstable driver, something you can chuck into the wind and not worry about turning over. Neither the Boss or the SL should be that kind of disc for you, but a Valk won't be that either. I was thinking for along the lines of a Firebird, Starfire or TeeRex.

Eagles and TeeBirds can overlap but I know a lot of people who use both, so it's pretty much up to you. If you have clearly defined roles for them you should be good.

I think if you add a Valk it is going to overlap with the SL. It looks like you need a good overstable driver, something you can chuck into the wind and not worry about turning over. Neither the Boss or the SL should be that kind of disc for you, but a Valk won't be that either. I was thinking for along the lines of a Firebird, Starfire or TeeRex.

I hate the SL period, im going to replace it with the valk since i had luck with it before. does this sound right? understable=beast, stable=boss, and overstable=teerex.

i feel my mids are what i want its my drivers is what i feel im lacking. i need something i can throw in a narrow tunnel shot and go dead straight, preparing for Sandy Point for a weeks stay in june.

I agree with ditching the SL. With a valk, if you get a firebird or TRex you'd be beautiful :)

Sandy Point is awesome enjoy it, but if your driving 425 w/boss then you should work on fairway drivers for SP. Only 3 of 24 holes are over 300 ft. SP is all about accuracy. If you want to open up and rip some Highbridge is not that far away and may be worth the trip if you are there for a week.

I hate the SL period, im going to replace it with the valk since i had luck with it before. does this sound right? understable=beast, stable=boss, and overstable=teerex.Yup,this would be right.

i feel my mids are what i want its my drivers is what i feel im lacking. i need something i can throw in a narrow tunnel shot and go dead straight, preparing for Sandy Point for a weeks stay in june.
If you liked the Valk I'd go back to it. It should replace your SL.

On narrow tunnel shots I throw my mid. Pretty much every driver I've ever thrown has some right or left play in it (or both!) and none of them are dead nuts straight. If you have a good feel for the TeeBird you might be able to use that, but not very many people can consistently get a disc faster than a TeeBird to fly straight down a tunnel fairway.

If you liked the Valk I'd go back to it. It should replace your SL.

On narrow tunnel shots I throw my mid. Pretty much every driver I've ever thrown has some right or left play in it (or both!) and none of them are dead nuts straight. If you have a good feel for the TeeBird you might be able to use that, but not very many people can consistently get a disc faster than a TeeBird to fly straight down a tunnel fairway.

Sounds good. I think i have everything figured out. Do you know what the requirements are to play in the am worlds?

AM World's invites are based off of points from the previous year, but AFAIK it has never filled on invite spots. At some point they open up registration and any PDGA member can get in so long as they are paid up. You just have to keep watching for when it opens up.

Latest posts