• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rebuilding CLard's throw

So you're saying actually take a step rather than doing a "pure" stand still with no foot movement?

imo standstill is just worlds smallest step. You dont actually have to move forward but its pretty much just like taking a step

No that's jamming into the front leg, your head/spine is inline to your rear leg/foot instead of shifting forward inline to front leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m14s

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 4.30.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 4.30.06 PM.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 98
Little better. You are too crouched or bent over in the x-step and then you are rising into the plant instead of being taller in x-step and falling into the plant. Your stance appears to be a little too staggered closed.

FWIW, What really helped me with this is thinking of spine changing tilt as you go from rear leg to front leg. Try leaning targetward/forward as you go into the plant, then when you brace up on front leg your spine will realign with front leg. See the red lines below on SW spine. And pool cue/spine realignment in gif.

Have you ever skied?

This is from rocking hips thread:

FWIW, What really helped me with this is thinking of spine changing tilt as you go from rear leg to front leg. Try leaning targetward/forward as you go into the plant, then when you brace up on front leg your spine will realign with front leg. See the red lines below on SW spine. And pool cue/spine realignment in gif.

Have you ever skied?

This is from rocking hips thread:
My OCD made me change that image to the correct math/visual sequence so it doesn't look like over the top. :D
A3DoCCS.png

Hard to say. Looks like you are trying to bend over hips with head down to get nose over toes instead of standing more upright on front leg and shifting center of gravity to the left tee pad side.

Hard to say. Looks like you are trying to bend over hips with head down to get nose over toes instead of standing more upright on front leg and shifting center of gravity to the left tee pad side.

Yes, I'm definitely trying to do it by bending over. I'll scratch that

lol, I'd tell you come visit except for this virus thing. You move to Pitt?

lol, I'd tell you come visit except for this virus thing. You move to Pitt?

Once we're allowed to do anything again I'll have to come down your way!

I'm out in Pittsburgh right now. They pulled all of our baskets out :( But that leaves me plenty of time to sway around and wave my arms in my house haha

All of my throws at this point feel roughly the same brand of awful. I have been crushing cans and really trying to feel that weight shift and brace and it makes all of the sense in the world until i go out to the field.

Here is a sampling of my attempts. The second one felt the most like a throw.

If you compare the second and third throw. Notice how your rear foot everts more to the right behind you in second throw vs third? And see how you sort of spin AROUND your front leg on the third throw? Try to get your rear elbow and arm in and push your rear side forward and even to the right and see how that feels.

If you compare the second and third throw. Notice how your rear foot everts more to the right behind you in second throw vs third? And see how you sort of spin AROUND your front leg on the third throw? Try to get your rear elbow and arm in and push your rear side forward and even to the right and see how that feels.

The second throw was one where I actually felt like I threw the disc. I'll work with that off arm some more and see if I can get a feel for that. What exactly do you mean by push it to the right?

The second throw was one where I actually felt like I threw the disc. I'll work with that off arm some more and see if I can get a feel for that. What exactly do you mean by push it to the right?

Really just try to push your leg forward/targetward with off arm or even behind you/to the right side of the tee so that it forces you to really post up on the front leg and swing from it. You can play with it and adjust accordingly but getting everything forward helps so long as comes from underneath rather than over the top. Basically use legs to shift from behind and then use off arm to give a little assistance. Is how look at it anyway....

I like the second one best. You are losing butt pressure/hip depth, you stride too far to the left tee side and staggered too closed to land/plant firmly into/onto your front leg, instead of striding straight/er onto the front leg like a running back getting ready to shift direction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0&t=1m15s

3rd one looked awful on your front leg, twisting leg instead of posted up on leg. Rear foot should further back from target so you can actually shift your hips back and forth a little bit instead of just twisting around. The backswing will shift some weight to the back leg in one leg drill and you have to use the rear leg to post up against the pull of the backswing to leverage everything back forward.

I would suggest doing the elephant walk drill instead of one leg drill. Normal walk has a 1-2" lateral shift moving from one leg to the other leg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KVWfUkQ3s&t=4m40s

The Hips:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133543

Latest posts