• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Reccomend a no fade fairway

TheBMeistor

Eagle Member
Kind of in a bind here, taking my family on vacation this week and then hitting the Gentleman's Club Classic in Vegas.

Problem is it snowed so much this last few weeks I didn't get to beat any of my fresher Eagles into being more straight.

Don't really need anything to turnover from flat, I just want something straight that will fade very little or not at all when new. Any non-MVP plastic is fine but must be something in production I can buy from the store on Monday before I head out of town.

I throw fairways about 330' on golf lines.

Thanks

dx teebird - straight shooter with very little fade -

I beg of you to give it a try, if you don't like it, you will only be out a few bucks.

Champ TL. Out of the box should be exactly what you are looking for. Around 270 ft of power for me, and these things are stupid straight. Even rhbh with r to l wind, minimal fade. Less fade than dx tbird for sure. I have also experienced slightly more hs turn w dx birds as well.

Last edited:
Zombie, leopard, and it doesn't take long to make a DX Eagle fly like you want.

If you like eagles, I'm going jls on this one. Get a nice flat one if you can.

Leopard will turn when thrown flat. Id vote for a TL or a stalker. Will have a little turn still when thrown flat, but much less left to right movement than a leopard...unless your only throwing the thing 300'. I guess the next question is your power level and throwing style.

Get an opto Jade in a heavier weight if you can 154+ and throw it with some hyzer. Should go pretty straight and glidey when you find the line for your arm speed.

F5..............F5.........other than that IMPACT....TL.......then ZOMBEE......XL....STALKER...........

I'd go with an F5 or TL personally

I would prefer to beat in an Eagle, but my wife would kill me if I looked for open space to get field practice in while they were on Space Mountain.

Gonna have to be super impressed for it to make the bag on a permanent basis, but I do need something for a Tourney.

So far I think it is narrowed down to:
Leopard Dx or Pro?
JLS Base plastic?
Jade? Anyone thrown one yet?
Diamond is out as I have thrown a few and outgrew them, even with hyzer at 330' they go right about 180' right of my line.

I would also say S FD, but I'm biased towards them. Thrown flat they really don't fade much at all.

Edit...just saw you had narrowed down your list. Out of those a fresh pro leopard will be pretty straight

Boy, in the time it took me to reply 5 more people responded lol.

And I am ok with some high speed turn, it is the little to no fade I am trying to emphasize. If I need to hyzer flip it that is ok.

Most fairways that aren't too fresh and stable go about 330' on golf lines for me. My distance drivers go about 350'.

Last edited: