• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

relay for life tournament

Fast Eddie

my work tyson foods has a relay for life golf & fishing tournament every year so today i asked about having one for disc golf it was welcomed with open arms. i was told they want me to take care of most of the work going into this & its something ive never done before any info i can get on how to run it any one willing to help out at the tournament , willing to sponser prizes or know some one willing to sponser prizes please let me know .im still in the information gathering stages right now any info or help will be greatly appreciated. i can tell you if it does go through it will be at munson park in denison tx.
thanks Ed Christman

Hey man, I read this and decided to do the same thing with relay for life here in Jackson, ga. I'll try to get back with you on running a tournament, if you need a little advice. I've run 18 or so since 1996.
You might pm me so I don't lose this thread.

If it's a fundraiser you can still make it a PDGA sanctioned event. More people would play that way. It would be nice to have a place to sign-up online either way.

Discraft/Innova/Gateway all have sponsorship programs available. You will need several discs to give away for payouts. Use their sponsorship/fundraiser programs to save money.

I myself wouldn't mind helping out or sponsoring the event.

cool thanks guys i talked to sam keeler our one of our hr guys & he said it would depend on how much intrest we can get only thing he dosent realize
is how many people come from all around to play disc golf i honestly think we would have a bigger turn out than at our ball golf tournament we had over 5k in door prizes donated for it it would be awesome to do that with disc golf too. ill keep every one updated

Latest posts