Charlotte, NC

Renaissance Park - Pro Players

Permanent course
3.045(based on 13 reviews)
I'm sad about Renny!

At this moment, Renaissance is my number 1 Top Favorite and highest rated course of all time. But after reading the reviews, esp. heelboycraig's, I already feel sad that one layout has lost its glory. My personal database rating of 10 is based on the Original course played in 2002, even before the Gold course was installed. (I think that Original became Gray and that morphed into Pro Players.) Even now, 15 years later, I can still remember the glow of awe that I felt for at least a week as I replayed the holes in my imagination! Why, oh why, would they make changes that made this legendary and iconic course less glorious? I guess that there are many reasons and forces and many were out of their control. I haven't played Renny in many years, and I think I will even leave my rating of 2002 as "the course that was". Like a vintage for wine, that time period may have been the pinnacle and the ideal. Oh well, even if the latest vintage has degraded I will always have my memories. Here's to you, kid.

Latest posts