• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Renting golf course for disc

Natten

Bogey Member
Has anyone attempted to hold tournaments or just rent a golf course for play? Or even convince them to sponsor the course itself.

I know it has happened. GBO was played on a golf course this year though I don't know what went into getting it held there.

I don't think most golf courses can be "rented" out. The greens would probably not be in use either due to damage that could be done.

I assume you're talking about golf courses without disc golf, since tournaments have been held on dual-use courses.

Kirk Yoo annually, or almost annually, does this at Myrtle Beach. There used to be a tournament (Players Cup?) in Florida that used a golf course for the weekend. And, of course, there's the Japan Open.

Motor City Chain Gang has hosted their Spring Fling at Sunnybrook Golf Course for the past two years.
You might want to contact John Minicuci on The Disc Golf Scene, or you might be able to reach him via the PDGA website (PDGA #22116).

Last edited:
I assume you're talking about golf courses without disc golf, since tournaments have been held on dual-use courses.

Kirk Yoo annually, or almost annually, does this at Myrtle Beach. There used to be a tournament (Players Cup?) in Florida that used a golf course for the weekend. And, of course, there's the Japan Open.

Yes, they have an annual tournament in Sarasota FL that includes a temp course set up on a ball golf course.

Has anyone attempted to hold tournaments or just rent a golf course for play? Or even convince them to sponsor the course itself.

Every course has its price. You just need to make them a deal that is better than what they usually make having it open to golfers. Fall is a cheap time of year.

The San Diego Aces have had an Tournament at a golf course the past years. Its a small executive course that has lights. The tournament has been played on sunday night which I would imagine is the slowest time for ball golf.

The ones they use for the Glass Blown Open are city owned and operated courses. I don't think Emporia has a lot going for it, so they are all about big disc golf events bringing people into town.