• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf Serpent: Stable P&A

I was able to use my Worn Black Serpents this weekend - they were flying niiiiiice and I landed a few good birdies and a couple ace runs on shorter baskets. Please continue to make this disc!!!

My Chalk Pit Serp looks like it's been through hell (it has) but still flies the same.
I have an Eraser Scale that didn't wear in nearly as fast as its Fossil equivalent. I love the beat-in Fossil Scale for circle putting - the Eraser for all other Scale jobs.
I presume the Eraser Serp will beat in slower than its Fossil equivalent also

i use my fossil serp a lot, it's taken lots of abuse and has had some chunks taken out but still flies mostly the same. it seems to have developed a bit of HST but not too much to become understable. it will track right on hard throws but if its high enough, it will flatten out some.

has either of you experienced any clovering in the flight plate in the softer plastic?

i use my fossil serp a lot, it's taken lots of abuse and has had some chunks taken out but still flies mostly the same. it seems to have developed a bit of HST but not too much to become understable. it will track right on hard throws but if its high enough, it will flatten out some.

has either of you experienced any clovering in the flight plate in the softer plastic?

not really, the serpents / scales all seem to be pretty solid/rigid/durable.

There is Minor clovering, and I mean very minor in my black ones which are a bitsofter than my whites - but still flat disc

so how are everyones eraser serps wearing in? any clovering or warping on the plate from the softer plastic?

edit: oh and i continue to get this particular comment every time i throw it lol " what did you throw? that thing flies straight as hell!"

I have some RFF (Chalkpit) and softer Fossil Fuel Serpents that are verrrry well warn in and they still are just as HSS - meaning dead straight, resisting turn - but have lost a little bit of LSS so that if I use them for jump putts, they don't fade off when they settle. (spin putting) I also have some Eraser and Tarpit Scales that have seasoned the same way. In fact, the Tarpit Scales now fly more like Serpents. The Tarpit are the only ones I have with any signs of clovering. I have over 30 Scales and a dozen Serpents, mostly well loved and seasoned. For base plastic, the Gateway/RDG blends hold up very well.

We had a CTP for the acepot at a local tournament on the weekend. I threw my serpent on this ~100 ft shot and aced it. It was on line the entire way, with perfect height and it went in. $195 payout. I was ecstatic and everyone was asking me what disc I threw.

Obviously, so many people had not heard of Reptilian Disc Golf. All I know is I love the feel of these putters and I want so many more....

i got my eraser in on thursday and had some time with it over the weekend. the slight dome didnt really bother me,i did like the softer feel of the plate with the firm rim, but the disc was very overstable. either its more overstable than my first serp or i just dont remember it being that stable because mine has been so straight for a long time. it took some getting used to but im going to have to beat it in a little bit to get it where i want it. after feeling this one, we definitely need more of the softer serps to be made please!

the eraser i have is so beefy,almost scale stable so it is out of the bag and into the practice stack until i can beat it in some. it is nice plastic,even with the weird dome on it but ive just gotten used to my other serp thats super straight.
i still love it though :)

just when i was thinking this serp was losing its spot in the bag to another serp, it went ahead and got another ace for me to prove me wrong. 1st for the year and #3 on this disc. :D

Attachments

• 26734228_1688618994522223_1856234961356611615_n.jpg
    26734228_1688618994522223_1856234961356611615_n.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 26733678_10155300116997794_6191912228641174226_n.jpg
    26733678_10155300116997794_6191912228641174226_n.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 32
Hey folks - I have 4 remaining original chalk rff serpents recently unearthed.
They are all new/unthrown and are both top and bottom stamped!

Top Stamp = Reptar dual foil!
Bottom Stamp = RDG Eye!!!

Here is what I have available:
1. Blue Metallic over Red Metallic Foil - 171g
2. Copper over Silver Sparkle Foil - 172g
3. Copper over Silver Sparkle Foil - 171g
4. Silver Sparkle over Copper Foil - 172g

$15 for one, $28 for a pair (includes shipping with tracking in US)

Thanks in advance!
Keith

My favorite run of Serpent were the Chalk RFF blues. They shrunk to a smaller diameter and just smashed off the tee. Super durable too for a baseline blend.

Need to have a new run now that this mold has achieved RDG cult status.

Attachments

• 1blueoverred171.jpg
    1blueoverred171.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2copperwsparkle172.jpg
    2copperwsparkle172.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 12
  • sparklewcopper172.jpg
    sparklewcopper172.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 15
Just got some serpents in the mail (got in to a car accident this morning and that kinda ruined my day but the silver lining, there were DISCS at my door when I got home!!)

3 more first run BLACK serpents, these are low profile and almost concave top nice grip - also have some black Iridiums on the way, thanks Kelgart - Approach game is set some some time as now this makes 10 serpents and 8 iridiums I can use what I have for YEARS and im gonna box away a few of them so I can unearth them in a couple years with FRESH discs.