• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

Yes. The harp is the reason I have not tried a scale yet. I do not need anything slower than a harp for that overstable slot. Can the Scale go as far as the harp?

Nah the Scale is not a long disc.

I think the MAIN draw for the Scale is that it really does feel a lot like the Wizard but it's much more OS. It's slow, glide less and can provide you with a ton of use on short range drives.

It cannot be confused for a tweener. Instead it is truly an OS PnA disc a la the VP & Rhyno.

Another huge benefit of the Scale vs. it's competitors is the phase plastic options. BT hard & medium are nice but I'd choose a Gateway blend any day over those offerings. Fossil was developed to mimic Classic KC Pro and its wearing in beautifully.

Thanks to Jcassidy of RDG to let a few of us DGCR's try out the Scale! I've been tossing it for about 5-6 rounds at 4 different courses and I think I found my new approach disc! Feels just like a Wizard, except with less glide and more OS, exactly as described. You can crank on it and it will go deadnuts straight with only a slight thought of turning over. Very predictable even in headwind, and we have had some ridiculous wind here lately to test it out with.

I'm not usually a fan of harder putters (Blowfly FTW), but having one like this as an approach/headwind disc is straight money. I shot my best round at a hard course at home today and the Scale helped me lay up right by the basket on 3 holes through some huge pine trees guarding everything.

The Fossil plastic feels very nice in the hand, any my tiny hands fit nicely with the small thumbtrack present.

Overall I very much like this disc and it has found a permanent home in my bag! Need to find s Serpent and try that out too since the Scale is so nice! Can't wait to see what RDG will bring to the table in the future!

The Scale is nothing like a Harp. (I use both) Scale is trustier and holds straighter but finishes bold without a huge dip....basically it lands you close to the pin and stays even if it looks like a not so good shot. The Harp is faster and tends to flip over easier but finishes harder with more skip (though not a big skip)
I didn't think I needed another OS putter...but these are very different, and if I HAD to choose...Scale, not even a contest.

Also using the serpent a lot. really like it. Still good in wind, i used it to putt with in wind because other putters may lip up and really go far off track.

I'll be heading to Gateway today to get some Goldblum stamped Scales/Serps, Classy Gator Scales/Serps and a whole slew of others :)

Good news! Heading out today with some RDG discs, hoping to get some filming in after I shoot some fission volt throws. Hopefully the weather cooperates today. Gonna be my first time trying out the Serpent!

I have a tar pit and a fossil. Tar pit is starting to warp pretty bad, but I still love it. Would chalk RFF or fossil fuel be better at replacing the feel of tar pit with a little more durability?

I have a tar pit and a fossil. Tar pit is starting to warp pretty bad, but I still love it. Would chalk RFF or fossil fuel be better at replacing the feel of tar pit with a little more durability?

I'd opt Chalk RFF.
Fossil Fiel is AMAZING a but it's firm. Chalk RFF is gummy but not floppy at all.
Feels great in the hand, flies predictably and will rebound from most hits nicely.
I just added a Chak RFF Scale to my bag as my fresh driving putter.

Ok thank you. Not hating on the tar pit, love the plastic and throw it on every upshot. Ill be picking up an xray scale tonight.

Another huge benefit of the Scale vs. it's competitors is the phase plastic options. BT hard & medium are nice but I'd choose a Gateway blend any day over those offerings. Fossil was developed to mimic Classic KC Pro and its wearing in beautifully.

This I can definitely relate to. I loved wizards for a long time, but it wasn't because of in hand feel, it was the plastic and flight. The scale flight sounds so great but it sounds like I would feel the need for a very OS mid as well (drone/gator ect). It will definately be on the list to try next time I refresh the whole lineup. I am also very excited for new molds to keep coming!

What does "(Foils vary but all look gnarly, wets are all near max)" mean?

When's tarpit going to become available again?

Thanks

Just to make sure... the armor on rdg with the classy gator stamp is the scale?

First off let me apologize for the typos...
I'm not very good about proofreading especially on my ipad.

All Armor is the Scale. I can't get dave to commit to bringing in urethane...

Fossil vs. Fossil Fuel: Fossil Fuel has a little more flex vs. Fossil and features color pellets. I want the Fossil recipe to remain pure and colors can mess with that so we add a little flex, color & love and boom! fossil Fuel :)
I've had some folks tell me they prefer FF vs Fossil

And Andy is correct. reptiliandiscgolf.com is your one stop shop for RDG. :thmbup:

I love all the new stamps but I need to cool with it picking up anymore Scales and Serps for now. Keep those stamps coming though...my money won't sit still for long...

I think this mold will be in my bag for a while.

I've had mine in the bag for about a month. It is exactly what I wanted from the rhyno. OS but not utility OS. Low glide. Dependable.

My only gripe is they are deep. I have thrown KC Pros for a while and these feel deeper. Honestly they fly so nice I don't even notice any more.

Fossil plastic is rediculous. If I could have my mids and putters in only one plastic this is it. If you run Lizards in fossil I'd loose it.

Keep it up. I'd love to have a mid in fossil to cycle.....

Latest posts