• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

My Webbshop in Sweden have alot of Iridiums but no Reptilian discs. . i have to order Scale and Serpent from the US at a $50 extra cost :(

Wow! I have to say though that if someone told me it would cost $50+ to get another scale I'd do it. They're money money..

Totally going to revive and old thread. Managed to find a single fossil scale at home that I managed to not sell on accident. Putting with it in the practice basket is like using an old friend. Flat and consistent, when these get run again I encourage anybody who putts with a wizard, but then also bags something like a rhyno to give them a try.

Grabbed a couple more of the red second(or third?) run Tyrants recently and I have loved them so much. They always hook up, but glide really well at speed. Can't wait until the next run comes out!

Anyone know if there will be another run of scales or where you can find new ones for sale? I checked the rdg website(none) and infinite only has 1 available. Before I grabbed it, I was wondering there was more selection out there.

I picked one up a while ago, but only recently put it in my bag. It has quickly taken over most approach duties.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Anyone know if there will be another run of scales or where you can find new ones for sale? I checked the rdg website(none) and infinite only has 1 available. Before I grabbed it, I was wondering there was more selection out there.

I picked one up a while ago, but only recently put it in my bag. It has quickly taken over most approach duties.

I have it from a reliable source that a restock is in the works.

in fact:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCTpNDBp_yY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

OTB Discs has two in Fossil plastic and two in Eraser (I just checked)

I can't seem to find these anywhere in stock, but I am curious about them as someone who just switched back to putting and throwing Wizards.

How are these for forehand? And I don't mean "oh, you can forehand Comets if you're finesse enough," I mean like, how likely am I to be satisfied with them as my forehand upshot disc as opposed to a champ rhyno, zone, harp, etc.

If I could consistently flick Wizards I'd do so, as they are a great stability, but the old school high shoulder and bead get in the way. Traditionally, I have liked flicking stable, flat Rhynos, which in theory are super similar to a scale as they are a BB Aviar bottom with a thumbtrac.

They are okay to flick, but the big bead makes it harder for me than similar discs.

It's a stable/overstable disc, which should theoretically be OK for forehand. But it's still a deep putter, which isn't typically great for clean forehand releases. Most of the popular forehand approach discs are relatively shallow.

It's a stable/overstable disc, which should theoretically be OK for forehand. But it's still a deep putter, which isn't typically great for clean forehand releases. Most of the popular forehand approach discs are relatively shallow.

Then explain why the Wizard is popular for forehand approach shots? That is a deep beaded Putter.

I know people who could forehand a lid being they used forehanded mostly as kids with catch/ultimate discs.

Then explain why the Wizard is popular for forehand approach shots? That is a deep beaded Putter.

I know people who could forehand a lid being they used forehanded mostly as kids with catch/ultimate discs.

It's not really. If you have great touch you can make it work, but it's very deep has a rounded upper wing and a big bead. Three factors that make it harder to forehand on anything other than short approaches.

It's not really. If you have great touch you can make it work, but it's very deep has a rounded upper wing and a big bead. Three factors that make it harder to forehand on anything other than short approaches.

Okay. It must have been more in 2000's when there were less choices for an approach putter, like the Zone or the Sinus were not yet out that the mold was used more for approach forehand.

I've literally never seen someone throw a Wizard forehand upshot in any kind of disc golf round. Very few people forehand the traditional deep putters like Wizards, Aviars, Challengers, Judges, etc. 99% of the time it's something relatively shallow.

I played with someone a few weeks ago who threw forehand upshots with a Warden, and everyone on the card was surprised/impressed.

Okay. It must have been more in 2000's when there were less choices for an approach putter, like the Zone or the Sinus were not yet out that the mold was used more for approach forehand.

I'm sure that is the case. It was more Os and reliable than the generally less stable putters of that era.

The Zone, Harp, Pig, A1/2, Jokeri and more are all what you see in that slot more often currently. Those are actually the ones that people on my last few event cards have thrown, including me.

We FINALLY have a new run of Scales! (And Serpents for that matter)

DaveMac and I have been jiving lately and he cooked up a really cool proto plastic blend for us that is very similar to $$$ plastic.

These Scales molded up really tight, low shouldered and are nicely beefy.

Probably a bad time to launch these with Ricky Putters just dropping but I'd argue the Scale is superior than any DD due to it being Gateway baseline.

Check these out once we get them posted as they are PERFECT compliments to the Wizard.

Attachments

• 20220422_074130.jpg
    20220422_074130.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 34