• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

Threw the Scale out in the field a few times today and it lives up to its description. Could crank on it with no fear of turning it over, and it'd even fight out of a slight anhyzer at 100% power.

For those of you who want to get your hands on the Scale before it's released (and possibly win other prizes as well) head over to the Hucking Aces Facebook page (linked in my sig) for your chance to win.

i dont think the new video was embedded or at least i cant see it on my computer

RDG Tips Scale With Debut Mold

The Scale disc from new manufacturer Reptilian Disc Golf was PDGA Approved as of 12-18-2014.

"The debut mold from Reptilian Disc Golf, the Scale, is as versatile as it is reliable. An evolved species of putt & approach disc, the Scale features the thinnest flight plate on the market, a comfortable bead, and a subtle thumb contour that will give you the cold-blooded confidence to strike consistently and accurately. With zero turn and a steady fade, the Scale cuts through the wind and ambushes the chains off the tee or in the circle." - by Reptilian Disc Golf

reptiian_scale.jpg

Nice work Jcassidy.

Went out back tonight to throw a few putts with my scales and I'm impressed so far. I was nailing 25 footers, dead straight with a nice predictable fade. My basket is a DGA mach lite and the bottom pin popped out colapsing the bottom portion of the basket....I was still hitting ~40-50% from 25. Not sure if this the usual new putter high I get but they were real comfortable to putt with.

I'll put these to the test during our weekly bag tag match tomorrow morning but so far I'm really digging this disc.

Ok I want a couple for driving and one for putting. Not sure if it would win my putter spot but can def see it winning driving putter spot

Played a full round with my scales today for both driving and putting. They will be staying in my bag for both duties. Let a couple guys throw them before our weekly bag tag match and they were trying to get me to sell them. I think its safe to say this disc is a hit.

I'll put it to you this way...once you throw the Scale in the Fossil blend, your Rhynos will be gone quicker than a hiccup.

I'll put it to you this way...once you throw the Scale in the Fossil blend, your Rhynos will be gone quicker than a hiccup.

That I can believe. I do like the Rhyno but I use it only is specific circumstances, usually involving a crossing or head wind. Don't foresee ever giving up my Challengers.

Any idea of what these will cost across the various plastics? I'd love to try one of these in place of my pig.

Any idea of what these will cost across the various plastics? I'd love to try one of these in place of my pig.

We aren't entirely sure yet.
I don't want to say one thing and then do another but I'd guess we may be around KC Pro prices bc most of our blends see specifically formulated to achieve the shape that we want. Dave hasn't had good success with running house blends in the Scale mold bc our flight plate is so thin. Instead he has had to mix in a ton of talc filled plastic which creates the flat top but also makes it much more difficult to get into the softer flexibilities. It's a tough process to make these discs the way we want but for the time being I'm not willing to retool the mold to a slightly thicker top bc I want to have the thinnest plate on the market. Once you throw a Scale you'll know why I feel this way. It is very much like throwing a new age Rhyno IMO. A sleeker, improved feel with all the characteristics that players love.

Latest posts