• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Retro Plastic Disc Sets

discguy42

Double Eagle Member
Just say these go live on DD's website. Same molds in a new plastic and available as 3 disc starter sets only at the moment ( no singles yet ).

Love that stamp on the Mercy in the set.

Anybody planning on grabbing one of these to try?

Anybody have any insight on the "Retro" plastic is designed to do/be, hard,firm,medium, bottom line basic plastic?

This is direct from the Dynamic Discs website:

Discs Included:

Latitude 64 Retro Fury (Driver)
Latitude 64 Retro Claymore (Midrange)
Latitude 64 Retro Mercy(Putter)

About the Retro Fury:
The Fury has been unleashed on everyone in the sport of Disc Golf who wants a control driver that is easy to use. The Fury is understable, glidey and a great step up for players that have used our Diamond but feel that the Saint is too overstable.

About the Retro Claymore:
The Claymore has a small dome and comfortable grip combined with a neutral flight that will suit most players. Compared to existing Latitude 64 molds, it will be slightly more overstable than the very popular Fuse.

About the Retro Mercy:
Mercy is the latest putt and approach disc released by us. Designed with a deeper rim and a slower speed than Latitude 64's earlier putters, it makes for a very good alternative in their putt and approach lineup. Stable and consistent flight for putting, approach, and short drives. What else can you wish for?

About Retro:
The mid 80s was a great time. Disc Golf had just come all the way up to Latitude 64 and we played all through the night in the midnight sun. Translucent discs were far from being invented and all discs were understable with today's standards. We remember those days with nostalgic feelings and wanted a plastic that would remind us of how it used to be. For a long time we have had requests that we should make discs that could be broken in more easily. Test after test after test led us to this new plastic blend that we have named Retro.

Last edited:
I assume this is the same plastic as DD's new Prime?

I'd buy a Claymore but not a disc set. Nice to see sets though, put these in Targets and Walmarts.

Looks like a nice starter set. I'd get one just to test the new plastic.

Anybody got to be toutchy-feely and throw with these yet?

How did these mold up?

I am thinking about grabbing a set on my next DD order.

I assume this is the same plastic as DD's new Prime?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. If you look at the pictures posted of the retro discs, it says "retro line" on the disc. However, if you look at the discs in prime plastic, it says "prime" on the disc. This leads me to believe that there are two different plastics here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. If you look at the pictures posted of the retro discs, it says "retro line" on the disc. However, if you look at the discs in prime plastic, it says "prime" on the disc. This leads me to believe that there are two different plastics here.

ooohhh. Two names for the same plastic because they are made by different companies. :doh::doh::doh:

I didn't think about the fact that the retro discs were lat 64 and not DD. Whoops.

Last edited:
I ordered up a set from DGC. Looking forward to checking these out. Pretty reasonable price as well at $25.

Have you got your discs Monkeypaws ?

Anybody throwing these yet?

Got em today:

DSCN5477.jpg

Leave it to Lat to make good looking baseline stuff.

Took the Claymore down to the skating rink tonight for some throws under the lights. It seems pretty glidey, like DX.

I threw it into a brick wall, a couple of trees, a trash can, and skipped it on the sidewalk to get an idea of durability.

I'd say it is more durable than BT/Zero/Classic, as well as Pro-D, which score up on any contact. DX would be a good comparable I think.

BTW, the Retro Claymore I got is a flat top, much more so than the trilogy challenge model.

This would be an excellent set of discs for a new player methinks.

Got a chance to play 9 holes this morning with the whole set.

It was 19 degrees, but I found the grip to be pretty good. I imagine in warm wether these would be plenty grippy.

I don't have any experience with the Fury, so I can't compare it to other plastics, but it has nice glide, and is not the most stable: it turned pretty good into a breeze, and loved the tailwind. It is 172g.

I was curious to se if the chains marked up the putter, and they did, though not so much as with Zero/BT.

I nailed a tree pretty good with the Claymore, and this is what it looked like after:

photo-2.jpg

It looked like a bruise, and there is no dent or gouge which is what I expected. Given the stiffness of the material in the cold, I think these might be able to suffer some abuse.

Again, for a tad over 8 bucks a disc, these are pretty nice.

What was the weight on the Mercy? Saw one of these at the DD Store in KC but couldn't tell what the discs weighed.

One last report - took the Claymore out and threw it alongside a DX Gazelle. I have to say I preferred the feel of the Claymore when cold and wet; it had better grip.

LOL a retro pink mercy just sold on DDGA for like $26
I want one, but I would be more excited about a GL/RGL or Opto mercy.

Those look good, thanks for the update.

I was thinking Lat could make a nice base plastic.

Gonna order myself a set this weekend, hope I get some good weights and colors!

Now I have to decide who gets my order, DD or DGC...???

Last edited: