• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Returned Disc Thread

shroom

Eagle Member
Do you have a neat or cool story about returning a disc?

This is what happened to me today.

I find a Discraft Nuke buried under some leaves the other day. Name, number and PDGA number on it. I try to call and it gives me a "this caller is not accepting calls at this time" message. So I wait a couple days and try again, same result.

I decide to see if I can find this person via facebook. Send a message to first person with that name (pics on page show he is a disc golfer). Message said hey I found a disc with your name on it. Not sure if you are the person I am looking for or not.

He messages me back and said yeah I lost one with this phone number. ### Boom this is the guy!!! He tells me he he lived in Clearwater FL, and has joined the army and he is stationed in Germany right now and that is why his phone is currently off. Asks me how much I will charge him to send it back.

I tell him I am not that guy that charges and will gladly send it back. He states that it costs a lot to ship small packages to the Army address and he will paypal me to cover shipping. I said "Let's just call it a thank you for serving our country".

Disc is on its way back to him now.

I found one if my discs in the used bin at my local pias. The ink was faded like they tried to remove it. I asked the guy working if I could get a deal on it since it was one I lost and he told me I could just have it.

Army guy throwing a Nuke...ironic. Was it camouflage?

I'm just glad there are no "Japan Open" Nukes. That would be irony at it's finest.

I have a LOT of good stories about discs that ppl don't return to me.

I was in one of Waco's big events several years ago and my group was waiting on hole #15(?) for the other group to tee off. One of the guys in the group ahead of us saw my Roc that I had on top of my bag and noticed my unusual mark. He told me that earlier in the year the city had let the Brazos River level get way low and he found several discs in the mud and one of them was mine that I threw in the previous year. I found him in the parking lot after the round to get it back. What luck to be in the right place at the right time!

i found a beast at the idgc when i reached in to grab my fuse, the guy was on the pdga board and i shipped it back to oregon

Hey Shrooms. That was me that you returned the disc to! Thanks so much! I got 2 more discs in the mail from people which was a wonderful surprise. I was also surprised to see that on the Nuke that the person who didnt want to return it initially, didnt put their name on it. I'm currently assigned to 1st battalion, 10th SFG(Airborne) in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm thinking of trying to work with the MWR here to try and get a course put in even if its only a 9 hole. There isnt a course near me in Germany thats less than an hour drive and I dont even have a car here yet. There are some nice trails that are very similar to a typical narrow fairway and pick an object to throw at. I definitely miss playing. I'm going to renew my membership this year and I'm tentatively making plans to play in the European open in July. You made my day when you messaged me about my disc. Thanks again!

Hey Shrooms. That was me that you returned the disc to! Thanks so much! I got 2 more discs in the mail from people which was a wonderful surprise. I was also surprised to see that on the Nuke that the person who didnt want to return it initially, didnt put their name on it. I'm currently assigned to 1st battalion, 10th SFG(Airborne) in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm thinking of trying to work with the MWR here to try and get a course put in even if its only a 9 hole. There isnt a course near me in Germany thats less than an hour drive and I dont even have a car here yet. There are some nice trails that are very similar to a typical narrow fairway and pick an object to throw at. I definitely miss playing. I'm going to renew my membership this year and I'm tentatively making plans to play in the European open in July. You made my day when you messaged me about my disc. Thanks again!
Nomination for best 1st post ever! :clap:

My returned disc story was at a tourny outside of Indy.
I lost a proto star stamp Hammer during my practice round. A favorite of mine. At the players meeting some guy walked up to me and handed it back. He found it during his practice round.

I did thank him very much. Then during the first round of the tournament I hit a tree about 60' off the tee, the disc shot to the left and before I had time to yell "FORE" it smacked the guy who found and returned my disc in the back of the head. :(
He was standing at a tee pad for another hole.

About two years ago I was playing Schenley Park hole #10 in the early fall. I threw an errant tee shot and went to look for my disc. While looking I found an orage champ teebird. Area code was central PA. I called the guy and he lived hours away and lost the disc when he was in town.

I offered to mail it to him, sent him the disc. And a few days later I got a ice bowl dx roc in the mail from him. I thought it was damn cool of him to send me something.

I didn't ask for anything in return just wanted to get him his disc back. The roc is cool though. Sucks my dog decided he wanted to see what it was about one day and put a hole in the flight plate with his tooth. So I don't throw it anymore.

I've only found a handfull of discs but none of them had info on them, most likely because they were always x outs. I fid buy a disc from a homeless lady that pulls them out of the lake, because it had a name and number on it. I called and he said it was his favorite disc and he did want it back, so I said I just want to be reimbursed for what I had to pay for the disc. he said no problem. that's my story.

Last edited:
Good story and thread Shrooms! :thmbup: :clap::clap:

So far I have only been able to return one disc which was a rather plain Jane story. Found a beat up White Leopard and returned it to its proper owner free of charge.

Found a circle stamp Gazelle, tracked down the original owner thru his PDGA # and found out he gave it away a long time ago and did not want it back. Ended up donating it to PhillyMatt's wall collection free of charge.

I found a brand new Champion Sidewinder that had no ink other than the Innova markings on the bottom. Gave that to a buddy who was just getting into disc golfing, also free of charge.

Currently sitting on 2 found discs from two different courses which belong to the same owner. No name or number on them, but a very distinct identical marking on the bottom of both discs. Assume he/she is a local near me as both courses are close by my house. I pack them in the car everytime I go play either of those courses hoping to run into the person. So far, no luck.

Maybe one day I will have a cool story to post. :(

I was playing a round one Friday evening and lost an E Blaze, I looked until it got dark and didn't find it. The next day it bothered me so I decided to go out and look for it. My disc was sitting on top of the first basket with a note on it that said if you are not the owner of this disc don't take it. I kept the note because I thought it was nice. :clap:
I mailed two discs back that I found with the persons name and address on them. The mother of the kid sent me a really nice note about disc golfers being honest and a $25 gift certificate to a local book store. :thmbup:

Latest posts