• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Returning Player

Zugzwang

Just a quick hello and intro.

Background
I am a returning player that played in the early 90's from Minnesota. I was an original member at Kaposia Park when it was only a few baskets and some post's. I was a Hole Sponsor when the course was expanded and supplied the basket and labor for the nasty uphill in the ravine which I believe is now hole 20 and have played all of the old configurations of this course. I left the sport because of a shoulder injury from a motorcycle accident in the mid 90's. (I took up tournament chess instead) I was somewhat active in leagues around 2010 and 11 at Lakewood Hills which is near my house and managed to have tons of fun even though my distance was way down.

Currently
I'm looking to play again as a friend that didn't know I played before has infected me with his recent enthusiasm for the sport. I played a recent round at Highland Park and managed about 23 holes with minimal pain and soreness the next day. I'm hoping to rely on accuracy, putting and course management to keep up with his scores. I will also be relying mostly on my old bag of discs with plans for only a few additions... A new Eagle and a new putter.

Thanks....

Welcome back. Hang on to that old bag-o-discs, they're much sought after these days and probably worth some decent $$, if you decide you don't want to throw them.

Cool username. It's never occurred to me that it applies to disc golf, but now that you mention it, it applies all too well to some of the situations my lousy shots get me into. :wall: :D

Well... shot my first round back at the home Kaposia and the 20 hole "No Gorge" course which is the Non Championship set up. Was +9 for the round and missed at least three puts I should have made. I used to play in the Advanced section and they typically shoot from -5 to +10 from the recent scores I've seen. Hoping to get my scores down to around even par on this set up... I would be happy with that.

Feels good to be playing again!

Latest posts