• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Reusable Card or Phone App

Generally, tournament play requires an official Scorecard be turned in at the end of every round, with the tally of everyone on that cards score. I have never played in a tournament where this wasn't the case.

That said, I think Easy Scorecard is best for Android, but for PDGA sanctioned tournaments you need to know how to score on a card, (since apps don't necessarily let you input this info) OB throws, provisional throws etc, since these can all determine the final rank of players in a tournament.

How do you score on the cards. I thought you just write down what each person got. Example: I get a 2 and you get a 3. Is there more to it then that.

I really like Discasaurus as well, it's very easy to use and you can also upload your scores to the website for safe keeping.

yep, generally that's right but...

say a player throws out of bounds, you are almost always required to add a stroke. At the end of that hole you circle the total for this hole indicating it had an added stroke for out of bounds.

Or, if a disc has a questionable lie, the player can throw a provisional throw playing from the questionable lie, then play from what everyone on the card deems is an acceptable lie, two scores for the same hole can ultimately be recorded. Then, at the end of the round, players can confirm questions with the Tournament Director to decide upon the right score for the hole in question.

In the case of a tie during a round, these things can be taken into consideration when deciding who places where.

If a score is improperly tallied at the end or other players report a discrepancy, strokes can be added to your total score. It's always important, since usually players take turns recording the score during a round, that each player adds his/her own score and initials the total.

I usually use my phone app to keep track separately so i know if a hole was improperly marked on the final score card by another player.

Discasaurus is where it's at.

if you have an Android EasyScoreCard Pro is hands down the best app on the market and at $4 is worth every penny. He keeps adding new features to it.

I guess if you are a tool and own an iphone.. not sure, after seeing me use EasyScorecard everyone that I've played with that has an iphone wishes he'd make it for IOS platform.

I had an android and had easy score care and really liked it. But work changed phones and now I can't find a good app for the iPhone

from what I understand there really isn't one. go get a cheap android with wifi, download the app and use it. (pawn shop or used phone store or craigslist) you don't need to have a service provider to take advantage of almost all of the benefits of having an android. I don't think I'll ever buy anything apple makes again so it's not a problem for me.

I use Disc Caddy and it works well but I'm thinking of switching to Easy Score because it's obviusoly so much more popular and it would be nice to upload scores online from my phone. Too bad DGCR doesn't have an app. :(

I use Disc Caddy and it works well but I'm thinking of switching to Easy Score because it's obviusoly so much more popular and it would be nice to upload scores online from my phone. Too bad DGCR doesn't have an app. :(

^this, I use Disc Caddy for my adroid, I may have to check out Easy Score Card or Discasaurus

When setting up a course for the first time do you usually use the pars for the course or just set everything to a par 3?

As for apps ... I like Easy Scorecard (free version) on my android ... tried discasaurus this weekend and I couldn't set it up too quickly so I just used what was there already ... I'll try it later to see what all the fuss is about. My work issues IPhones so I use the PDGA app as well on that and it's very good as well.

notepad.jpg

I keep score about 80% of the time, and always with a notepad and pencil. Small pocket size. I can usually cram 4 people's scores on it.

I have some score cards that my buddy Enzy gave me but I typically only use them when I forget my notepad.

I've used a couple different apps in the past but still prefer the paper and pencil route. Usually takes me about a season or two to fill one notepad up. (one sided, 60 pages.)

My son made me a set of birdie beads and they work just fine. Or we use the "I'm plus one/minus one" method. If we're out of town playing, I'll use a paper scorecard to commemorate the trip. Phone apps are nice, but unnecessary for me.