• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

reviews

My friend and I are trying to play each course in our state by the end of the year. I'm writing a review for each one, as well as taking pics, as we go.

Wow, that is awesome!

The information, photos, and reviews you provide will be a great benefit to the disc golf community. Keep up the good work.

In my opinion, DG is all about "feeding the addiction". So, for reviews to be meaningful/helpful to me I want to know what about the course will draw me to it and why this course will draw me back again and again and again. Is it a course I should go out of my way to visit when passing through an area?

In other words, the "IT" factor: does this course have it, and what kind.

Those little things that don't fit into broad sweeping categories on the course main page like mult tee, etc.- Are those multiple tees wonderfully creative, do they add something to the course, or just 20 ft farther away from basket.

I think in the NFL draft they call them "intangibles", the things they can't measure at the combine. Not too different here.

what kind of unique/signature holes are on this course?
Island pins? elevated pins?
Examples: Holes 3,4 & 15 Mouer Park, AZ, Hole 4 UW-Parkside, Hole 8 UW-Whitewater(beware the pit of despair), Hole ? Bryant Lake Park (with elevated green, cant remember #).

Holes just generally unique, from shape or challenge, are another good one to hone in on. If the hole sticks out in your mind for that reason. Some good examples of these I've found in my travels are Hole 2 Baraboo Lions Club, Hole 6 UW-Parkside, Hole 8 Spring Valley DGC, Hole 4 Blue Ribbon Pines, Hole 23 Warrior's Path State Park (havent played yet but want to), Hole 14 Whistler DGC, Hole 18 Acorn Park.

The list goes on and on. These are just the holes I thought of in the first two minutes, which is the whole point: those memorable holes that spring to your mind right away give a course that IT factor that ppl want to know about, that separate dull or decent courses from great ones.

Good luck, I'll climb back off my soapbox now, I just love talking about memorable DG holes.

I do my reviews based on the highlights and lowlights of the course, along with my own personal experience playing the course. I am more interested in sharing my opinion with others than them liking what I say. I look over reviews by others for tips and clues of what I can expect when I play that course and I try to write reviews along that same basis.

Latest posts