• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH and LHBH?

I sometimes putt left handed at my basket at the house. I started doing it just to F around, but as I improved a little I could see it as an awesome weapon if you are decent with it.

I cannot stand throwing FH. I am getting better at it though from say 50-60ft from basket.

so, day after Thanksgiving I developed tendonitis in my right elbow...my second time in about 3 years. Anyway, I shut things down but could not deal with not playing for weeks, months. I went out and started to learn how to throw LHBH. I still flick with my right arm as well as putt but tee shots and long fairway shots are lefty. Three months in and i have to say, I love it. It has put huge emphasis on me using my flick approach game...from about 50 to 165 feet out I grab the Star Firebird and can usually put it within 20 feet. Really comfortable with it. I am still throwing lefty and will continue to do so even as my right elbow heals (S L O W L Y).

Oh if I could only BH and FH with both hands.

I can, but my LH, is 25-40% of my RH. LHFH is the hardest for me to grip and then throw. I once contemplated putting LH so I would stop over putting the baskets, but it wasn't very successful.

I tried to learn LHBH this winter. And it was going really well until all the snow came. Now it's been like 6+ weeks since I've played more than 1 round a week, which isn't enough to learn. The few field sessions I got in were infinitely more helpful than just playing rounds, but I am not doing field work in 1ft+ of snow and ice.

But in the 2ish months that I was consistently playing lefty, I was getting decent. My max drive (leopards from a stand still) were getting out to 250ish.

I plan to keep trying to learn it here and there, but I gotta get back to regular practice now with tourneys only 1 month away.