• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH trying to break 400' consistently. Critique please!

muckdog01

Hey so I have never posted on here before but I thought I would give it a try. I primarily throw RHBH and would say that I have decent form. However I am having problems with consistency regarding distance and could use some help. I feel like I can pretty easily throw around 380' and randomly a drive will land around 420'. How can I more consistently get those longer drives?

In the Video I am throwing an 11 speed streamline trace and it lands at about 385. When I throw slower discs I don't really lose much distance. I can throw my MVP volt around the same distance and it is a speed 8. In addition, I can throw midranges and putters over 300'. I feel like I should be getting more distance with my high speed drivers.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQ_TmtL8s1J1JbYyf8O_cXP8LoKPUK1c/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, looks pretty good overall, except your shoulder is going back and forth too early and your arm/elbow is pinned back against your chest/hugging yourself, instead of elbow out forward and hugging the disc into your chest. Your rear arm is also behind your body instead of in front of it.

Door Frame Drills should keep pulling your shoulder back while you are striding forward into plant. Your shoulder is already back before you complete your forward stride, so you would yank the arm and would have to start dragging the door frame forward in order for you complete the stride.