• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Rhythm

Keith H

Eagle Member
7 5 -3 1
Anyone thowing it yet?
It was one of the circuit discs this year.

Interested to hear about it.

I got one in the Circuit Challenge. First off, disclaimer: I'm 62, noodle arm with a 42 MPH backhand, and 653 rated.

The Rhythm doesn't have much dome, so I thought it would be my forehand disc to complement my Servo. But, nope, it's become a backhand disc as it just doesn't seem to work forehand for me. With my arm speed, the disc flies pretty straight. I like the feel of it in my hand and it has become my 'go-to' 7 speed for any straight shots I need. I'm still working with it forehand...but that's fieldwork only for now...on the course it is strictly backhand.

Thanks for the response Bill! I am looking forward to giving this one a try.

I am throwing slower discs and throw only RHBH.

I love the Crave for a shot straight down the middle or with some right turn.

I am hoping the Rhythm will have some natural high speed turn for me that can be easily controlled.

I am also interested to see if this is 7 speed or a 6.5 like the Crave and other discs. From what I can see Axiom MVP has not had a 7 speed overmold before.

1k-se-neutron-rhythm-purple-500x500.jpg

Now 7 5 -2 1 with New and Improved flight ratings...

Absolutely loving these things!!!!! Just glide for days, fantastic line flyer with easy control. Definitely a -2 turn, slightly more stable than a relay because of the speed of 7. With more of a carving turn rather than the relays flip up to straight vibe. Kinda a slower S shape, or late turn. In a weird way it has more turn than a relay, more glide and more stability with extra gyro push on a hyzer.

A guy on FB was sending me a photon and I'd seen his L2 Rhythm post and asked why he was dumping it. He said too stable and too much like his craves. Anyhow he offered me a second one as a package deal so the stash is now 6x 172g and one 160g SE. One of which is the DFX mandala. It's got 5 discs in front of it so it will hang on the wall for a while. I'm hoping the new ones are flat like my SE.

Not sure if the lower weight is kind to this mold, my SE is flat and more stable but I don't have a domey one to compare it to.

I'm kinda digging the new L2 stamp for a change but the smaller stamp is classier, I hope they shrink it.

Last edited:
How does this compare to a Leopard(3)?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

I don't know, it's been years since I threw a leopard, never thrown a leopard 3. From what I remember I'd say a leopard is more like a relay, just a straight or hyzer flip disc. The rhythm seems more like a well seasoned valk

I don't know, it's been years since I threw a leopard, never thrown a leopard 3. From what I remember I'd say a leopard is more like a relay, just a straight or hyzer flip disc. The rhythm seems more like a well seasoned valk

How does the rhythm compare specifically to the Relay?

How does the rhythm compare specifically to the Relay?

It's more of a line carver instead of a straight flyer. Kind of like a relay that is crossed with an inertia or an insanity. It really is just a faster relay, little more Glide and an extended Anhyzer turn. To be totally honest it's hard to say because most of my relays top out at about 167g and all of my rhythms are 172g

How does this compare to a Leopard(3)?

Caveats: I have thrown both in 150s weights, and I have never been accused of having a big arm.

G* Leopard is understable. I use it for hyzer flip to straight or right-turning shots.

Neutron Rhythm is more of a turn-and-fade disc for me, like a slower version of a Plasma Insanity or Neutron Inertia (as TAE mentioned above).

I am kind of pissed at MVP/Axiom for the "7 5 -2 1" flight ratings. For me the Rhythm clearly has less turn and more fade than that - perhaps 7 5 -1 2 or thereabouts for me.

But see caveats - sounds like different weights and runs may fly differently. Lack of run-to-run consistency is another reason I am unlikely to bag the Rhythm, unless a future Fission Rhythm flies more like the flight numbers.

one additional note:

The Circuit Event Rhythms are significantly more understable than their stock release counterparts, enough so that I had to relearn how to throw it. If you throw one of them and then switch to the other, don't be surprised it you have to adjust.

I would have called the Circuit Rhythms a longer Signal. The stock Rhythms are more like a longer Relay.

Neutron Rhythm is more of a turn-and-fade disc for me, like a slower version of a Plasma Insanity or Neutron Inertia (as TAE mentioned above).

I am kind of pissed at MVP/Axiom for the "7 5 -2 1" flight ratings. For me the Rhythm clearly has less turn and more fade than that - perhaps 7 5 -1 2 or thereabouts for me.

But see caveats - sounds like different weights and runs may fly differently. .....

Yeah I know the flat top ones you got, I've got one of those and it's beefy, I'm hoping to compare to some recent L2's at 172g with the new stamp.

My arm and your arm are fairly equal I think and this is the first time I've been bagging a full weight disc that's not a midrange in a lot of years. I tried a couple of full weight relays from the older runs and didn't really click. I prefer my old 167g domey relays... the 172g circuit series rhythm have been my main jam.

Underpowered they have extra stability but fully powered up I get better results than my 174g relays. I bomb them out on a little anhyzer and they just go straight with a very low 0.5 fade. If I crank em into a headwind they turn faster than a relay but are more likely to pull out. All I come back to is shot shape, the relay is straighter, the rhythm is more of a shallow S carver.

I'm going to echo a few other comments and say this thing has a little less flip and more fade than I was expecting. I've thrown a bunch of F5s/leopard3s, and this just isn't that. I think I'd also agree with 7, 5, -1, 2. I don't dislike it at all and have been using it for straighter shots.

Madsion Walker said this in her AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/114rp8v/comment/j8y86xa/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 which has stuck with me:

"I think with gyro molds in anything above a mid, lighter discs fly truer to the flight numbers than max weight. Light is the weigh (lol)."

Looks like the mint thread says the discs fly more stable than advertised too. Flight numbers, man.

one additional note:

The Circuit Event Rhythms are significantly more understable than their stock release counterparts, enough so that I had to relearn how to throw it. If you throw one of them and then switch to the other, don't be surprised it you have to adjust.

I would have called the Circuit Rhythms a longer Signal. The stock Rhythms are more like a longer Relay.

Well that sucks! I like my Circuit Rhythm, but don't really feel like tracking down spares. Maybe I'll go back to Eagle-L's in that slot once they Rhythm gets lost.

Luckily for me I suffer from a plastic addiction. I ended up having a friend gift me one and I picked up an L2 on the sheet from a BST.

one additional note:

Interesting - I have a few Rhythms that aren't Circuit Event ones. They're board-flat and not any more understable than my Craves (if anything, they're a bit more stable). I'm really not getting much difference between my Craves and my Rhythms.

one additional note:

Thanks for this clarification. I bag a Circuit Rhythm in the slot formerly occupied by a beat Pro Leopard and wasn't sure if I suddenly developed way more power or if all y'all were more noodley-armed than advertised :D

Thanks for this clarification. I bag a Circuit Rhythm in the slot formerly occupied by a beat Pro Leopard and wasn't sure if I suddenly developed way more power or if all y'all were more noodley-armed than advertised :D

Hey how you doing buddy? It's been ages. I remember your arm :D my elevator doesn't reach that floor.

I got my 172g (New run) L2's in the mail and the dfx one.. 3 rhythms in a mail box... decided to throw rhythm in blue. Mooooboy!

Obviously an oob review but it actually handles much better than the 160 SE white one. The extra weight on the 172 mellows the harsher turn there's extra stability but the flights more in line with my circuit ones. The 160 dodges hard anhyzer, it fights it to get there, grudgingly... and fades fast. I'm getting a much better finish on the heavy ones, more gyro push. They are however a contender for a tesla spot, this could be a nice fill out to my bag.

I will slow down my rhythm fan parade, it's really not the same disc, it's the rhythm OS.

Yo Mike! Yeah, it's been way too long since I've been over to Pender. Hopefully sometime soon and I will definitely give ya a shout when I do!

Sounds like the production runs of the Rhythm fly a lot like the Streamline Drift.

Yo Mike! Yeah, it's been way too long since I've been over to Pender. Hopefully sometime soon and I will definitely give ya a shout when I do!

Sounds like the production runs of the Rhythm fly a lot like the Streamline Drift.

Yeah man I look forward to it.

Thanks I won't touch a drift then, I've wondered :D

Latest posts