• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Rift

I've yet to hear of an SP Rift. What plastics have you tried the Rift in? There are color glows that are supposed to be a tick more overstable than the Proline, but I find my First Flight Proline to be pretty close to a Buzzz already.

The proline plastic beats in too quickly for me. I like to throw my Z buzzz hard and it holds a hyzer pretty well.

The Proline Rift started flipping up quickly and i think an SP will hold its stability longer

Was the 2019 World Championships and the run with the fighting figures stamp the only timse the Rift was made in the swirly ESP? I'd like to get more. I absolutely looove the way it feels in hand. Great for very subtle and long drawn out hyzers. I use my ESP Rift like 10x more than my Z Buzzz.

Last edited:
Was the 2019 World Championships and the run with the fighting figures stamp the only timse the Rift was made in the swirly ESP? I'd like to get more. I absolutely looove the way it feels in hand. Great for very subtle and long drawn out hyzers. I use my ESP Rift like 10x more than my Z Buzzz.

There are a few swirly prolines available on the DGA website.

Really nice straight midrange. There's nothing terribly remarkable or innovative about it thanks to the extremely saturated "straight midrange" category but if you basically want a Buzzz but don't want to pay touring disc prices then get a Rift. One key difference is that the inner rim is a bit more rounded off than the usual square ones and it feels a little slimmer in the hand than a Buzzz.

I think the Rift is more prone to turn a little then a Buzzz. Maybe a few feet longer too. Otherwise I think most people could bag it and be fine. If a Buzzz is -1/1. I would say the Rift is -1.5/1. Speed Buzzz 5. Then a Rift is 5.5.

I think the Buzzz v Rift comparison really depends on the Buzzz you're comparing the Rift to. To me, the Rift has a touch more turn and a touch more fade than a typical Z Buzzz. Both great discs, I prefer the feel of the Rift.

Ok....is a SP plastic Rift on the way? Im anxious to kick the Buzzz out the bag

xc6ZBi6.png

I threw a rift for a couple months because I wanted to be special and not throw a buzzz. It flips easier but any nose up angle and it hyzered out really early.

Anyone actually make the switch from Buzzz to Rift? The mold will always have sentimental value for me but honestly can't justify bagging both molds and I think the Buzzz is just more reiable

I threw a rift for a couple months because I wanted to be special and not throw a buzzz. It flips easier but any nose up angle and it hyzered out really early.

Anyone actually make the switch from Buzzz to Rift? The mold will always have sentimental value for me but honestly can't justify bagging both molds and I think the Buzzz is just more reiable

I did. I really like the Rift and have a First Run. I've been taking both the Rift and Buzzz into a field to see what the difference is (for me) and decide which needs to be in my bag. But I've been playing with the Rift since it came out and have enjoyed it. I'm planning on retiring my First Run and getting another Rift.

I was predominately forehand and the flat top really worked for me. At the start, I didn't like it at all....it kept falling to the ground quickly compared to my Buzzz. But I worked on my throws and finally got it going further than the Buzzz. I do find it has a bit more fade than the Buzzz. I'm finding the Rift is more of a 'touch' disc than the Buzzz is....I have to throw it with a bit less speed than the Buzzz - for my throwing...if the Buzzz is a 5 speed, the Rift is a 4.5 speed for me; and the Buzzz seems to be more forgiving of a slightly bad throw.

Yes, because to me it feels better in the hand. The rim is a little thicker and fuller/rounder feeling, while the Buzzz feels a little more shallow/sharp if that makes sense. (I fan grip my mids).

The Rift is also slightly faster, so I can consistently pump it out about 20 feet futher, so it helps differentiate it from my putters. Flight is very similar to Buzzz, can either be more overstable or more understable depending on run and plastic. In general a little less hss.

Funny enough I've actually started bagging my Rift again since I lost my Buzzz and then my Emac. Luckily discs don't hold grudges!

Bought a 177+ SP Line Rift with metal flakes in it to have a slightly more OS Rift. My 174 Proline Rift is a true -1/1. Turns out against all logical thinking, this thing is flippier than my Proline Rift, and I don't get it.

The beefiest Rifts I've used have been the 2019 Worlds Swirl Proline ones. If only I could get my hands on some of those.

Can anyone provide a bit more comparison of the Rift vs Aftershock? I'm curious because Rifts are in stores locally, and Shastashocks never seem like they'll be coming back and those are my favorite.

got a PL rift recently and really like it. Ive been all over the place with mids - methods, kaxe/z, hex, buzz etc.

Not sure why im getting along so well with this disc but it feels a little like my zone and it just flys straight. Buzz's always seemed a bit deep for me. It shows my nose angle if get it up, but thats on me. outside of that it just seems easy to throw with a little power. I throw drives about 320 consistently

Somehow or other the Rift keeps finding its way back into my bag. They just go straight and far. Paired mine with a Comet and Quake and I can't really ask for anything more

Got my second ever Ace today with my SP Rift! 178 foot LHBH hyzer on a blind tee shot around some trees with OB creek on the right side. Thought I'd overcooked it a tad then heard the chains and sure enough it was sitting right there in the basket!

Latest posts