• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ripped up plastic ?

We play on really rough terrain here on Curacao. 4" rocks everywhere and thorn bushes. The thorns are easy just pull them out and move on. The rocks however beat the crap out of the dx discs. 1/8"-1/4" slashes all around in maybe 3-4 rounds the discs are tough to look at. I've just ordered some ch plastic from innova but what about these? Sand them or what? I've given 3 sets away but I'm hoping to rent some in high season.

Champion and Star plastic will hold up better. It's still going to beat up, but it will take significantly longer than dx.

You would be have to do a (semi) formal BCA, but from what I have read, your target rental demographic will be newcomers having fun, so make it easy, interesting, and affordable.

Embrace the ugly. Those bitches can still do work!:) seriously. Unless super high M̷a̷i̷n̷t̷e̷n̷a̷n̷c̷e̷ speed a fugly baseline can fly great!

^when he's right, he's right.
Mr Lard is also correct. So...

Use dx as long as it lasts. When something gets too beat, just bump it to a less stable slot in your bag.

As for investing in new plastic, stick to the most durable blends to get the most use out of them.

Last edited:
I have always found premium plastic is a better investment for drivers an such. I throw them with more power and better plastic may saves me money in the long run. Plus, there is the whole break-in period which I will not repeat as often, so there is a time savings as well.

As to wear, I keep in mind I will wear stuff out and replacement is part of the sport. I used to get attached yo disc, it did impact my game. When I broke that habit by replacing discs when needed I had more even rounds.

You would be have to do a (semi) formal BCA, but from what I have read, your target rental demographic will be newcomers having fun, so make it easy, interesting, and affordable.

BCA ??

You never know if some addict is sitting on a beach and happens to scroll past a course only a few miles away. They may like to see some nicer discs?

A deposit will be enough to replace discs if people don't feel up to digging them out of our nice bushes. The cost will be very little to rent, maybe 5 or 10 bucks? The idea isn't to make money but to introduce dg to the island because it's fun. I hope the locals start to play, then maybe one of the ball golf courses will build a real course! Grass and palm trees, I'd go.

So just leave the chunks or cut and sand them smooth? Sanded they feel better in my hand.

Sanding the rough spots works great. Even new discs can have sharp flashing which sanding helps feel :thmbup:

Biggest thing with baseline molds is the initial seasoning from throws when brand new can be quick and rough. Once beat up they just sort of stay that way until thrashed or broken etc.

Get some more durable plastic...for your drivers at least. Some of the premium plastic out there is indestructible! As for your thrashed discs, save them for an under-stable slot once they beat in. My bag is mostly duplicates of molds that I have in different weights, plastics, and stages of wear.

If there's a spot on the rim that could scratch you or prevent a clean release, sand it down. I keep a few sheets of sand paper in the drawer of my coffee table to get my discs tuned while I watch the tube. If however your disc is gouged up to the point that it resembles the shape of Pac-Man retire it, pass it on, or throw it off a cliff for sheer entertainment. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck!

I think you are in the market for a disc sander...

1791264__11927.1344976671.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.cpopowermatic.com/powermatic-1791276-20-in--1-phase-2-horsepower-230v-disc-sander/pwmn1791276,default,pd.html

Latest posts