• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Riverside, CA area disc golf

emook

Eagle Member
Hey all, I was trying to do some searching for the area. I am moving there from DFW and was curious of the golf there. tournaments per year, courses in area etc.

I live where there are over 100 courses in a 40 mile radius with a tournament literally every saturday and sunday of the week all year, so I know it won't be like that, but I know way southern california disc golf is almost non existent. I'm hoping its not like that there.

Go to the home page and type in your new zip code in the upper right hand corner. A list shows up with miles to course, direction, distance to the course, number of holes, hole type, tee type, course characteristics and rating. If you seek more input, I would start taking a look at a few close courses, I am sure you will find a facebook page, club or contact person.

I moved to Northern LA from DFW about 2 months ago…there is not nearly the saturation of courses here compared as DFW, but I've found some nice courses. From what I've seen most of the courses have some sort of weekly/monthly league play, check at whatever courses you end up near and I'm sure they'll have something..

yah, I miss having that many courses within an hour drive…used to be like two dozen really great courses, now its maybe a handful.

I live in Riverside... unfortunately we dont have any good course in riverside. there are a couple courses in riverside that are terrible. I dont even go to them to be honest. There are some good courses in the 30-45 minute range. I know someone who went to a city council meeting about putting in a new course here in riverside and got a good response about it. havent talked to him since then so dont know what is going on with that.

There's a good course in Yucaipa: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2043

Not sure if Yucaipa is in Riverside County or San Bernardino County but it's close to Riverside, just east of Redlands, just north of the 10. They have a great annual (C-Tier?) tournament in March, called the Yucaipa Am, I think. I live in LA, so I only get to Yucaipa to play that tournament but from what I could tell, they have a pretty active local club with well attended weeklies & monthlies.

I also hear good things about a newish course in Murietta, which I think is also close to Riverside, although it might actually be in northern San Diego County. Been keen to check it out but haven't gotten out there but I know they have a very active club due to all the FB news, etc. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4606

Also look into SoCal Disc Golf Association. It's a club that runs a series of PDGA tournaments & a pretty good points series all over Southern California, mostly in LA County but as far south as San Diego and as far north as Bakersfield. And I see a ton of good folks playing in the series who come from Riverside County. Essentially, no SoCal Series tournament will be further than a couple hours away for you. SoCal has a Wordpress site, just google them.

Welcome to the region, it's hot as bal** right now!

this is really great info guys, i appreciate it. I started looking through the pdga calendar to see just how many tournaments in the area there are. looks like ill ahve to drive an hr or two north for most, which i don't mind. Ill check facebook for local clubs and mini's

Mountain pride is a really fun and challenging course in south riverside county, Murrieta. They also have one of the most dedicated and fun clubs in the Rattlers. Glen Helen is a good course, Yucaipa, sky high, Brengle terrace park, kit Carson, and Prado are all within 45 minutes and all offer different styles and challenges. Don't worry you'll get your fix.

I'm opening up a shop at Brengle Terrace park in the middle of September, come by and say hello. The Rattlers are also starting up a pdga sanctioned weekly series at mountain pride starting in September. There's also a one day C tier at Brengle September 27th, registration on disc golf united opens next week and will sell out quickly.

If you're looking for a unique experience - call ahead and play the two courses at Thousand Pines. You'll find teepads that suck out loud, but you'll also see some really unique and fun holes. Assuming it still exists. On this site it is listed as still there - but I doubt the people running the place even know the entries here exist at all. So definitely call ahead. Read my reviews of the two courses for an idea of what you're in for if you're interested. I lived on property working for the Outdoor Science School for nine months. My changes and improvements were never implemented, but they're still a lot of fun. Two nine basket "out n back" courses - playing nine holes out, then walking past the ninth hole to the tenth teepad and playing all nine baskets backward.

I will check it out. We decided on a place in Temecula instead of riverside anyhow. We weren't hearing too many good things about the riverside area after I posted this

I played a ball golf course that had funky egg shaped baskets a while back in Riverside; was the only discer that day, cruising around in a cart...I do enjoy me some cart golfing but that course was very forgettable, except for the unique baskets lol

Mspot

Mspot. Still working on it. I have even talked to the mayor and he likes the idea. I'll keep you posted.