• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Road trip from Philly to NYC

funkyjase

Bogey Member
I'm planning a short 3 day trip up to NYC with my girlfriend to possibly see a Broadway show and do some other NYC-ish things. However, any trip is incomplete without hitting up some un-played disc golf courses along the way.

Basically I need some info on courses that would be along the route up to NYC from Philly. I can coax my girlfriend into letting me play a round or two on the way up and back, but not if they are too far out of our way.

Doing a little research myself I'm having trouble finding high rated courses along this route, am I missing anything? I would also be up for playing a course a little bit outside of NYC once we got up there. Thanks in advance for any info!

-Jason

there is not much between phila and NY. so dont be surprised there. and the closest courses to NYC are at least 30-40 min outside the city.

there is not much between phila and NY. so dont be surprised there. and the closest courses to NYC are at least 30-40 min outside the city.

That's what I'm starting to notice... I was thinking about Tinicum but that would put us an hour out of our way...

maybe I need to re-vamp our trip for disc golf purposes!

Warwick, Leonard , and FDR are the best bets in the NYC region.....unfortunately those are not really on the way. NJ is pretty weak in that zone of the state. Mercer is one I have not played and Rutgers is kind of a fun little play. Most of the courses are just stretch your legs and mess around type stops.

hey, we did this trip last year and I would agree that cranberry in norwalk, CT was tha bomb course of the ones around there... We were also going to play rutgers or the private course in cranbury, nj... but neither panned out...

but cranberry was truly worth the hour and a half drive.

Nothing even average btw Philly and NYC, unless you count Tyler St Pk.

Rutgers is only minutes from exit 9 on the NJT, print a map or you'll be confused. Warwick, NY is out of the way but totally worth it.

You can head up 476 N to 78 W, this will bring you to the Lehigh Valley which has courses such as Jordan Creek and nearby Little Lehigh Parkway. It isn't the most direct route to NY, but could be worth a look

You can head up 476 N to 78 E, this will bring you to the Lehigh Valley which has courses such as Jordan Creek and nearby Little Lehigh Parkway. It isn't the most direct route to NY, but could be worth a look

fixed