• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roadtrip to Allentown - Suggestions?

justin

Double Eagle Member
A few of us from Ma/Va will be staying in Lake Harmony, Pa in Sept and we're looking for suggestions on what courses are not-to-miss and which we really shouldn't bother with.

Rather than listing the obvious don't-miss courses like Jordan, Nockamixon, Lehigh, Prompton, Hickory Run, etc what about all those less-amazing courses? I've heard mixed/bad reviews of Victory and Covered Bridges. Should we skip them?

I'd like to hear opinions of the hidden gems and what we should avoid like the plague. Any private courses we could play which aren't on the PDGA site?

I would think those would keep you pretty busy, how long are you staying for? Unfortunately I don't know of the lesser known courses in the area as I've only played the major ones. I didn't see Tinicum in your list but that may have been covered by the "etc".

You could try asking the same question on the local club forum (http://www.lvdiscgolf.org/). It seems to be down at the moment but those guys were quite helpful when I was looking for courses to play on my first trip down to the area.

Area plays, skips

Depending on the amount of time you're spending in the Valley, you might want to give South Mt. and Hackett's a try. Hackett's is a little harder, since few tees and one map is available. Avoid DeSales, Covered Bridges, and Victory at all costs. Upper Mac and Levans are 9 holers but they're pretty close together. All the other standout courses you hav already mentioned. All the courses mentioned are reachable within 1 hour or less from Center City Allentown.:)

Oh, forgot: Prompton is closed for construction. Play Yetter in East Stoudsburg instead. Most of the holes are open and it's just off I-80.

Latest posts