• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Robbins Park, NC & Beatty's Ford Park

I might have to take a trip to see the early development. It's truly awesome knowing I will have more courses very near the house to play!
I did a quick drive by today. Looks like there's still a long way to go before the park is ready.
On a plus note, there's going to be a lot of open space to hopefully have some non-wooded holes to mix it up a bit more than Beatty's Ford Park.

Catawba Meadows in Morganton is really open and I still enjoyed it. Apparently they lost a lot of trees in a storm last year.
Wife and I played there today. I enjoyed it. My newbie self shot +13 from the pro tees. :)

We also played 2 rounds at the 9 hole course at Hildebran Community Park, which is exceptionally short. All I used was a putter and shot -2 the first round and -3 the second round. Took all of 40 minutes to play around twice. :D

As the designer:

Beatty's Ford Park:
Don't be surprised if you see a redesign/upgrade/trimming here. The goal is 12-18 beginner holes total with teepads signage and removal of the overgrowth and ample poison ivy. This would be after or concurrent to the end of the Rotary park project that I previously mentioned.

Had my first ever even par round here tonight! :clap:

I can't wait until this park gets tee pads. Hole 9 is very frustrating as there is no place to step while teeing off with all the roots. UGH!

But I get a lot of good practice in at Beatty's Ford and look forward to the future improvements.

I did a quick drive by today. Looks like there's still a long way to go before the park is ready.
On a plus note, there's going to be a lot of open space to hopefully have some non-wooded holes to mix it up a bit more than Beatty's Ford Park.

0% of the course will be in the field area. Well hole 1 will tee from it down into the abyss. Then you come out beat up and bruised 9 holes later, ready to play your second 9 holes.

Latest posts