• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc / Buzzz ...or Both?

Buzzz? Roc? Or Both?

• Total voters

BIgNik

Eagle Member
The main question i'm asking is ..
Who throws both the Buzzz and the Roc & Why?

A lot of people say they fly the same .. we all know that's not entirely true ..
So what do you use them for .. ?

Reason i ask: is that i have been going back from one to the other for my main mid over the last few years ..... when i am almost respecting them each individually & finding spots in the bag for them both ...

Yes there are a ton of Buzzz - Roc threads ... This is mine ..

Where's the neither option?

Not that I need it, but I'm sure there are MVP or Latitude fans that like to stick with a Vector/Axis combo or Pain/Fuse combo.

Buzzz and Roc are not the only mids out there.

i throw both, they complement each other nicely and there is no overlap. BTW for me im using champ rocs so there is no breaking in where they could overlap. I feel like people are missing out by choosing one or the other....i know i was.

Yes brad .. that is why this is my Question ... Pertaining to me ..
and others alike ..

The neither option ...is that you have no opinion on this subject and have nothing to say .. lol

I find that my ROc will hold a nice long hyzer better than my buzzz ..
and my buzz will hold an anny better ..

so i throw my roc on short-long slight hyzers ..
and then my buzzz for long stright .. to turnover shots ..

The Buzzz just works for me. Never given the Roc much of a chance, but I've never needed to. Although, the Axis is getting a lot of throws these days (hated it when I first bought it).

There you go.... I also carry a demon for FH or when I need a really hard turn or skip.

Yes brad .. that is why this is my Question ... Pertaining to me ..
and others alike ..

The neither option ...is that you have no opinion on this subject and have nothing to say .. lol

Very confused about the purpose of this. But either way, my answer is Buzzz.

I use a Z Buzzz and beat ESP Buzzz. Although I'm planning to switch out the Z Buzzz for a new ESP and will just cycle ESP Buzzzes in various states of wear. I've thrown champ and KC Pro Rocs but have never had much of a use for them. The more overstable Buzzzes give me plenty of fade, if I need more, I go to a Drone.

I am backwards and weird on the fact that I like the Buzzz more for hyzers as the lest fade softens the finish (as in less of a hard left at the end of the hyzer RHBH when it is already going left) and the Roc more for an anny as it softens that landing. This of course is assuming gentle Hyzers and anhyzers, not spikes. At the same time, I like the Buzz better when fresh for that and the Roc better when beat.

I am still up in the air on if I like either though; as a main mid or even a supplement. I once again am playing around with a bunch of mids trying to decide.

both and a shark as well. Got a dx shark when I need something super flippy, dx roc for something pretty flippy, esp buzz for slightly flippy, champ shark for dead straight, star roc for hyzers.

Love the roc and discs with Roc-like flight. I always felt like the Buzzz flies like a beat in Roc. Vectors are great because they are longer fresh Rocs.

I'm currently carrying both in my bag. I've got a DX Roc, a Champion Roc +, and a Z Buzzz SS. The Buzzz tends to be the go-to mid range for me. I'll use that on a most approach shots. I find it handles throws with varying amounts of power, and still flies nicely without having to put 100% into it. My DX Roc is what I'll grab for a headwind approach. I like the Champ Roc for throwing hyzer/anhyzer around trees, or for nice, long gliding shots.

Rocs all the way. Buzz is too flippy for me. I carry a KC Pro, Star +, and 2 '06 USDGC Rocs....I carry 2 star gators for when i need that extra stability.

I polled as Buzzz...but I throw Squalls in place of well-seasoned Rocs so if we're loosely interpreting the thread I guess I could put myself under the both category.

You're right, the flights are not the same natively. There is something to be said for the players that are good enough to manipulate multiple discs to fly the same though. The better your shot arsenal the less molds you need to carry I guess.

I have both in my bag...I carry the following:

1 DX Roc at 171g
1 10x Glow KC Pro Roc at 175g
1 DX Ontario Roc at 173g
1 Champ Roc (I cycle between a 4x Kenny 179g and a Zone Driven Champ Roc at 180g)

1 Z Buzz at 171-172g

I use my rocs for almost every midrange shot in the book....hyzers, spike hyzers, anhyzers, turnovers, straight....But when I need something just a tad bit longer than the roc but not fairway driver long....I throw the Buzz. (But I will have to say this...my DX roc is starting to get into that perfectly seasoned stage and I'm getting to the point where the distance is increasing when thrown perfectly).

I chose both. I dont throw a Buzzz I throw a MD2(Close enough for what I believe you are trying to get at) and then a CE roc for long approaches.

They're both great discs. I think the roc can be a bit more versatile and can cover a full spectrum of stabilities, the buzzz is a better straight mid and can get more distance especially on low lines but most people find they need something more overstable and something more understable in their mid lineup with a buzzz to have all shots covered.